HP Mini 110-3735DX and Win 2k!

Brahnix

I'm determined to get 2k on this system, it's perfect for 2k!

However, I cannot, for the life of me, get the storage driver to work. I've been going at it for the past day and I've probably wasted 10 CD's trying to get it right.

I neeeeed help.

Default setup tells me that achix86.sys is corrupt.

I've done some digging and found out the driver I need for my model is ICH7M/MDH SATA controller. I've tried tons of different variants and I keep getting IASTOR.sys is corrupt.

So, then I went with the Universal driver, and now I'm getting UNIATA.sys could not be found.

There's no option to switch between RAID/ACHI/IDE in the BIOS, so that's out the window.

I've been using nlite to slipstream the drivers.

I'm also slipstreaming the graphics and net drivers, if that could complicate anything.

Has anyone else encountered something similar? I'm at wits end and I don't know what I can do. Please help!

Hi.

The achix86.sys is AMD AHCI driver is not it ?

I think Intel ICH7 driver 's name is iastor.sys

I'm determined to get 2k on this system, it's perfect for 2k!

However, I cannot, for the life of me, get the storage driver to work. I've been going at it for the past day and I've probably wasted 10 CD's trying to get it right.

I neeeeed help.

Default setup tells me that achix86.sys is corrupt.

I've done some digging and found out the driver I need for my model is ICH7M/MDH SATA controller. I've tried tons of different variants and I keep getting IASTOR.sys is corrupt.

So, then I went with the Universal driver, and now I'm getting UNIATA.sys could not be found.

There's no option to switch between RAID/ACHI/IDE in the BIOS, so that's out the window.

I've been using nlite to slipstream the drivers.

I'm also slipstreaming the graphics and net drivers, if that could complicate anything.

Has anyone else encountered something similar? I'm at wits end and I don't know what I can do. Please help!

If you used iastor.sys which I made, check integrated your Windows 2000

v 7.6 iastor.sys requires Win2000 CDwhich integrated SP4.

v 8.9 iastor.sys requires Win2000 CD which integrated SP4 + Extended Kernel Core.

It is! Apparently it tried loading that originally. I then moved on to iastor.sys, and Windows setup said it was corrupted. I even used your version off your website, and nothing.

Hi.

Did you Integrate to your install CD, SP4 ? Are you sure ?

If you use 8.9,  I can show with hfslip how you crate it.

1. extract Kernel Core v14b or 16a.

2. Integration SP4 and SRP 1 ( This way is as same as standard hfslip image creation.)

3. create REPLACE\i386 folder.

4, compress  NT*.exe to NT*.ex_ with cab format.

5. copy them into REPLACE\i386

6. copy NT*.exe  into HFEXPERT\DRIVERCAB

7. copy videoprt.sys into HFEXPERT\WIN\system32\Drivers

i believe i tried 7.6, but I'm not sure. how do i slipstream the extended core?

It's too much work. I ended up finding an old XP disc my dad had lying around, slipstreamed the drivers, and used that. I have a few questions about that, but I'll post them in a new thread. As far as it goes, this thread can be shut.

(too much work...)

Please don't chastize me. I learned later that I have to use at a minimum off Office 2010 for school, which is incompatible with Windows 2000. That makes another hurdle that I've found no info on here on the forums or elsewhere.

So yeah, too much work.

Sorry I didn't crosslink, didn't think I had to.