Unattended XP with use of SATA/RAID Floppy

TheBee

Well, here I go...

I'm working more then 2 weeks for a complete Unattended install.

All ways described here worked fine for a while but there is one thing coming up. I have to install pc's with all types of sata/raid (Sil3112, VIA Sata, ..., to Promise SX4000)

There is always a pc of which I didn't include the drivers on the CD.

You hear me coming...Sometimes, if the SATA/RAID is not on cd, I would like to use a Floppy and press F6. :)

Is there a way to solve this?

After F6 - Setup asks for a Floppy, takes the drivers, recognizes de SATA disk, but in the Copy process he asks again for the floppy and can't find the drivers anymore. :rolleyes:

Thnx a lot

The Bee

You could always add the drivers using the txtsetup.sif/dosnet.inf files, no need to press F6 then. Search the forums here, I'm sure its mentioned how to do this. If you can't find anything, let me know and I'll write up a quick and dirty how-to.

Cheers

It cant find the drivers at the end of text setup even if you leave the floppy disk with the drivers in the floppy drive? It geneally loads the drivers into memory when it first accesses the disk, then at the end opf text setup it accesses the disk again to copy the files over to the hard drive.

Blyster

@Jotnar

Yes, I know, and already did that, but sometimes, unexpectedly someone brings a pc to reinstall windows, and had a Sata which is not yet in my txtsetup.sif -> then I would like to use his sata floppy. I don't have the time at that moment to add this driver to the XP CD

@Blyster

Problem is that he accepts the driver first part of txtsetup, recognizes the disk, but when copying, he can't find the drivers on the floppy.

Thnx both for your reply

The Bee

I ran into the same problem TheBee. I couldn't find a workaround for this either. You either have to integrate them like jotnar said or boot with F6 from a plain vanilla XP Cdrom (ack).

The problem is that the files are not copied to the $WIN_NT$.~LS directory, so after the 1st reboot setup can't find the drivers. I know of no workaround for a quick and dirty F6/DriverOnFloppy solution when using unatteded CD's. It would be nice, I feel your pain.

You need to add the "d1,drivername.sys" to dosnet.inf under [sourcedisk] and [sourcedisk.disk1] for it to be copied in $WIN_NT$.~LS during "winnt32.exe" installation. You also need to add the rest of the stuffs in txtsetup.sif and the files detailed in other threads.

anyone can look if those drivers r included in the SP2 RC1 ?

si3112r = "Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATARaid Controller"

PnP680r = "Silicon Image SiI 0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA Raid Controller"

i would just like to say, everyone telling the poster to add files to txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf, need to STOP! you obviously didn't read his post.

Yes, I know, and already did that, but sometimes, unexpectedly someone brings a pc to reinstall windows, and had a Sata which is not yet in my txtsetup.sif -> then I would like to use his sata floppy. I don't have the time at that moment to add this driver to the XP CD
I would like to use a Floppy and press F6. 

you would have read both of those posts made by TheeBee if you actually read the post, instead of just seeing "SATA" and assuming he wants to integrate the drivers.

@TheeBee

The thing that is causing the problem, is not that it's an unattended installation CD that you're trying to use, but rather the OEMPreInstall=YES switch. That's causing your problem of not being able to use the disk after F6 pressing. I don't know of a work around. Sorry, but maybe this may help your to think of a solution.

The RAR I made has pretty much every SATA RAID controller under the sun in it.

And I just updated it :rolleyes::)

Anyone have a mirror? It's up to 2.26MB and includes all of the following controllers:

pnp680   = "Silicon Image SiI 0680 ATA/133 Controller"
pnp680r  = "Silicon Image Ultra-133 Medley ATA RAID Controller"
si3112   = "Silicon Image SiI 3x12 SATALink Controller"
si3112r  = "Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATARaid Controller"
si3114   = "Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATALink Controller"
si3114r  = "Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATARaid Controller"
si3124   = "Silicon Image SiI 3124 SATALink Controller"
si3124r  = "Silicon Image SiI 3124 SATARaid Controller"
hpt3xx   = "HighPoint HPT3xx ATA100/RAID/SATA Controller"
hpt371   = "HighPoint HPT371 ATA100 Controller"
hpt374   = "HighPoint HPT374 ATA133/SATA RAID Controller"
hptmv    = "HighPoint RocketRAID 182x SATA Controller"
iteraid  = "ITE IT8212 ATA RAID Controller"
fastsx   = "Promise FastTrak S150 SX4/SX4000 Series"
fasttx2k = "Promise FastTrak 376/378/S150 TX4000 Series Controller"
fasttrak = "Promise FastTrak/66/100/TX2/TX4/TX2000 Controller"
ulsata   = "Promise SATA150 TX Series Controller"
sptrak   = "Promise SuperTrak SX6000 Controller"
ultra    = "Promise ULTRA33/ULTRA66/ULTRA100/ULTRA133 Controller"
idebusdr = "Intel 82801BA Ultra ATA Controller"
iastor   = "Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller"
viapdsk  = "VIA ATA/ATAPI Host Controller"
viaraid  = "VIA RAID Controller"
viasraid = "VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller"
sisraid  = "SiS 180 RAID Controller"
sisraid1 = "SiS 181 RAID Controller"
siside   = "SiS 5513/5518 IDE UDMA Controller"
3ware6k  = "3ware Escalade 6000 Series ATA RAID Controller"
3ware78k = "3ware Escalade 7000/8000 Series ATA RAID Controller"
aar1210  = "Adaptec Serial ATA RAID 1210SA Controller"
aac      = "Adaptec SATA/SCSI RAID Controller Series"

Follow the method posted by RyanVM, however, you need to add the names of the files in dosnet.inf otherwise it will not be copied in DOS mode.

I don't think that's accurate...

Tests on my board (which has ITE8212 and Si3112 chips onboard) would suggest that my method works fine. All files copy fine and the devices show up in device manager with no problems.