Aero Glass Customizer for Win8.x

@Moataz

Everyone should Know that the Atlas is Only for the Default Themes but for the 1 percent I would Change.

From > Enhanced frame (Atlas)
To something like >  Enhanced frame (Atlas) DO NOT Use For Custom Themes!

~DP :whistle: 

Custom themes doesn't necessary mean it'll play bad with Atlas, I have a theme that build upon Windows 8 aero "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aero.msstyles" that i only changed (5 or 6) pics in it using Rescource Hacker, but the theme is still (compatible) with the Atlas.png

When atlas file has compatible layout, it makes no difference whether you have default or custom theme. The only bad thing is that there is no reliable way to say whether the atlas is compatible with current theme.

When atlas file has compatible layout, it makes no difference whether you have default or custom theme. The only bad thing is that there is no reliable way to say whether the atlas is compatible with current theme.

You can extract with Resource Hacker the atlas in STREAM, 986. This picture is the atlas ;)

955665reshack.jpg

This is the theme (for 8.1) I was talking about, I just changed some pics that I can't taste (button, checkbox, radio button, drop-down list, scrollbar and hovering on items)

I always replace "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aero.msstyles" with it.

(you may need to take-ownership of aero.msstyles first and delete vscache folder)

• 4 weeks later...

the 1.3 release doesn't work for me. I get a dialog box with the title "Not supported environment" and the contents "Please make sure you have "Aero Glass for Win8.x" installed". I have a registered copy and v1.2.5 is installed. I'm running Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit.

• 3 months later...

Just to refresh the topic.

And also to mention that this tool, is still working better than Big Muscle's GUI in some parts. (In my experience)

So people just have the choice.

Edited by moataz

• 1 year later...

um the link is down?

"The file has been reported as potentially breaching our terms of use and is awaiting review."

"The time period for reviewing the file has been exceeded and the file is no longer available"

The 3rd party customizers, while their very existence may imply Big Muscle could have some more work to do to polish HIS version, have traditionally just messed things up more than they've helped.  Some of them sought to crack the software as well.  I don't know where this particular one here fell in that spectrum, but such software has generally not been welcome here.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC