The upcoming new tool for Win 7/8/+ : My suggested name: nLiteX

Ultimist

Ultimist, thx for the nice words and the enthusiasm, appreciated.

jaclaz, :thumbup , oh man, time flies. I like your new release date, 100% achievable. You may work on your calculations, not crazy enough :yes:

OK, last week I spent some extra time writing down primary tasks with time estimates, as now that the milestone is approaching it makes sense to start to do so.

The result is that the public beta 1 tasks should be completed by 17.09. Kinda missed that mark by 2 weeks.

Again take that date with a grain of salt, experience so far showed there is always something that comes up delaying it, and since I am the only investor, there is no fire and quality is my only concern.

Also it is the most precise date so far, not just waving weeks or months, it's sort of calculated :).

Luckily all the questionable blockades which delayed me are currently solved, it's down to boring/delayed stuff now.

I am as eager as some of you are, if not more.

Ultimist, thx for the nice words and the enthusiasm, appreciated.

jaclaz, :thumbup , oh man, time flies. I like your new release date, 100% achievable. You may work on your calculations, not crazy enough :yes:

Oww, comeon :), why do you think I used coefficient k with 1<k<4 and adopted for it in the calculation just the average 2?

I can still use values up to 3.999 for it ;), I hope that would be enough :unsure: to "cover your back" :whistle: 

jaclaz

no pics , no stats , only an advertising post ....

i wonder what we are going to see , mostly because the "task" of nLiteX

is "only" to add drivers , change some folders names [ i prefer 0 for windows [that is a name that make the registry smaller than with "windows" , cpu writes it faster than "windows" , some goes with Program Files that i prefer to name 1  , may be ill use two for the Program Files x86... ] ]
at least the inf folder of my windows 2012 is : 58,428,116 bytes , 841 Files, 103 Folders
this is hard but not the :  Labours of Hercules
 WE WANT SCREENS - SHOTS AND STATS RESULTS OF ALL YOUR CURRENTS BETA

like aliens in futurama : we demand nlitex

17 of this month is not the best for a beta ....

because no - one will care so much about it : mostly because M$ will publish its own windows 9 beta a week later...so most of the "free beta testers" will check it and not nuhi's tool that will not be able to handle this new window....

windows-9-screen-modern-and-desktop-smal

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/390388/microsoft-to-announce-windows-9-on-30-september

this new windows looks great , at least the start menu is back ;']

the os stats are also very interresting to see : xp is still at 25 % , win 7 50% , win 8 14% , vista 3% that is twice linux...[hurra linus torwald..]

desktopdm.png

desktopdm1.png

Edited by sixcentgeorge

Well, the good news are that the release date of Windows 7 SP2 :w00t: TE (Touch Enabled) - which seemingly would be a more fitting name for the Windows 9 beta - is as vague as the release date of nuhi's unnamed tool :yes:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/21/6052807/windows-9-preview-press-event-september

Sources familiar with Microsoft’s plans tell The Verge that the software maker is tentatively planning its press event for September 30th to detail upcoming changes to Windows as part of a release codenamed "Threshold." This date may change, but the Threshold version of Windows is currently in development and Microsoft plans to release a preview version of what will likely be named Windows 9 to developers on September 30th or shortly afterwards. The date follows recent reports from ZDNet that suggested Microsoft is planning to release a preview version of Windows 9 in late September or early October.

;)

jaclaz

MAVERICKS CHOICE, :) well, just because I see all kinds of issues that I would not release by choice, does not mean you won't find more. Beta will be as any other, full of issues and unfinished features.

sixcentgeorge, it will probably be disappointing to you, but with time, and your input, it will grow into something many of you would like. But don't expect much at first.

I'm not a fan of screenshots, then we would be discussing from those pictures 'why this', 'what is that', 'will you add'... while I just need to finish something first, consider it just as a foundation for the future.

Key: what I release is not a final product, if you knew how long it took me years ago to go from nLite v0.9 to v1.0, you would understand :).

jaclaz, :)

i used a lot your tool for xp , mostly for adding drivers , xp is a great software , vista that i never installed , seems to be the first os with too much inside ...w7 and 8 are having even too much inside that is why a lot of people wants to find a liter software .

i wish you will make a beta with a lot of options , vista is the root of 7 and 8 , you already made vlite , plus that is more than a year that you work on this ....

by the way , windows will be free for some "selected users" , they could be a lot because win 8 is already loosing customers [that are back to xp...]

Windows 9 Upgrade Is Free for Some Windows 8.1 or At Just $20 : http://www.myce.com/news/windows-9-enterprise-has-no-metro-interface-upgrade-to-windows-9-free-or-20-72511/?PageSpeed=noscript

let s hope all these beta will be good surprise , only 10 & 22 days to wait     :ph34r:  

Wait at 20 dollars is free? What bullsh*it is that?

You see how strange is life? :unsure:

If you pay - say - 20 bucks to nuhi (please read as Robin Hood ;)) for a tool removing the crap, you are happy and you also thank him.

If you pay the same twenty bucks to MS (please read as the evil Sheriff of Nottingham) for something where the crap has been (hopefully) already removed, you are angry, as it sounds like a ransom of some kind (actually it is a friggin' ransom :yes: ).

In a perfect world they would give a free upgrade to all 8/8.1/8.1u1 users AND present a letter of apologies for the inconveniences caused ....

:lol:

jaclaz

If you pay - say - 20 bucks to nuhi (please read as Robin Hood ;)) for a tool removing the crap, you are happy and you also thank him.

If you pay the same twenty bucks to MS (please read as the evil Sheriff of Nottingham) for something where the crap has been (hopefully) already removed, you are angry, as it sounds like a ransom of some kind (actually it is a friggin' ransom :yes: ).

In a perfect world they would give a free upgrade to all 8/8.1/8.1u1 users AND present a letter of apologies for the inconveniences caused ....

jaclaz

Wise words from someone who knows nuhi is a legend i wll pay what and more for the fact that his tools work final job done!!!!!

jaclaz

Wise words from someone who knows nuhi is a legend i wll pay what and more for the fact that his tools work final job done!!!!!

get rid ov the service what sends back to Redmond the one what auto starts 7, 8=1 2 3 whateva, mac uses that should be free at-least lol