Is this graphs card better

beccatigger

Personally I find the Radeon 9600 is more than capable of handling everything you can throw at it and probably will be for some time to come. The regular 9600, not the Pro or XT, is fairly cheap now, and I prefer ATi's cards to anything nVidia has to offer.

The 9800 is certainly the best you can buy right now, but I usually avoid buying the top of the line because the price isn't really justified. I don't know anything about the 9200 actually but if it supports DX9 I would just stick with it until the new generation of cards are released and the current card prices comes down. I was still using a Radeon 8500 up until a few weeks ago and it still ran the latest games just fine. I gave it to a relative though and got a new 9600 for $80 on eBay.

The FX5200 is right around the performance level of a GF3Ti500 on average. I haven't run a 9200 myself, but I did run a 9000 Pro and it too was right on level with the GF3ti500. I would have to say the FX5200 might be a step up from what you have, but it may only be a slight step.

I'm not trying to buy a bigger card (I've already got 128Mb, quite enuf for me!), but I'm trying to run Winamp visualisations that seriously have issues with ATI-and they're optimized for NVidia. If I hate it I can always change it back

Here is a review of an FX 5200 card from Inno3D:

Review

For just running WinAmp visualizations it should be more than enough; actually almost any card should be. However before you go out and buy a new card you may want to try updating your ATi drivers (if you haven't already) and see if that fixes the problem. You might also try asking about it over on the Rage3D forums. :)