how to install nvidia Detanator XP 56.64 Drivers ?

hajj_3

i have xp pro, want to put it on my unattended xp sp2 rc1 integrated cd.

the drivers arent signed, it asks you whether or not you want to install becauase they are hvent passed windows logo and some other test.

i also would like it not to restart, it asks you whether or not you want to at the end! it uses installshield wizard.

In my unatended win2k installation I have some problems with 56.64 . It locks the install if I install them as drivers . So ... pui in your .cmd file

%systemdrive%\drivers\detonator56.64\setup.exe -b -s

But for this to work in your setup.ins file you must change bootoption from 3 to 0

bootoption=0

My drivers are from nvidia.com and they are signed

OR

in your winnt.sif

OEMPreInstall=YES

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\detonator56.64"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

also if you do it by editing the .ins file and using the .bat file do you extract the installation program so that there are 50 files, then edit the .ins file and execute the Setup.exe that was compressed into the installer with the other 49 files?

re-downloaded, now they are certified, the filesizes were about 200k different, i downloaded it off their servers before they changed their site, they must have changed it a little when they officially released it !

The reason why they won't install on Virtual PC 2004 is because Virtual PC doesn't use your real video card; it uses (rather emulates) S3 Trio32/64. Not all nVidia drivers are WHQL certified/signed since they're regularly updated. The 56.64 and the new 56.72 drivers are both signed. I guess the only way is to test it on a system with a nVidia card.