Chrome browser on Pentium III / Athlon XP machines!

jaffar

Evil Dad, I don't trust that site! Clicking the download button leads a page that looks like an ordinary file sharing site at first, but every time I click "download" I get a page trying to trick me into downloading something fishy. The first time, a page came up claiming my Flash player was out of date, which is BS - then it tried to auto-download the Flash "update" without me even clicking anything! (I canceled the download, needless to say.) The download links on that page didn't lead to adobe.com either.

I don't think Chrome 34 is at that site at all - looks like just a malware site to me.

If you are talking of thrishtech site, there is nothing to download there (if not through suspicious ads), anyway all the meaningful info that is in there is that chrome.exe allows a parameter:

–allow-outdated-plug-ins

that you can add to the shortcut launching it, here is the screenshot from that site:
chrome_use_outdated_plugins_0.jpg

There is anyway a Registry setting for the same:

https://www.chromium.org/administrators/policy-list-3

https://www.chromium.org/administrators/policy-list-3#AllowOutdatedPlugins

jaclaz

• 2 years later...

JEEZ, I hate to bump old topics, BUT...

Reading, @sdfox7 said in one thread:

Chrome v34.0.1847.37 was the last Non-SSE2, and in THIS one it's said the v34.0.1847.137 is the last. It's not on his webpage (see previous comments) from the self-extractor that was sent. I DID find the full "137" installer on FilePuma. Is this the same as was provided? I MAY have a use for it on my old P-III Dual-CPU NetServer, otherwise, I guess I'll be using the v34.0.1847.0 one.

Thanks for your patience for bumping an old thread. I'm loathe to dump that old beast (dual-550 + 1g RAM, noted in another OLD thread). It has an older Firefox (unsure what version I installed) on it and it DID work for my grandkids playing online games (has XP on it).

/EndBump