Is it possible to install Win2000 with these specs?

Hello,

I got a laptop with windows 8 last year. It is a very low-end PC for Windows 8 and I was wondering if I could install Windows 2000 on it. Here are my specs:

- 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM

- 295 GB Hard Drive (I can shrink it if necessary)

- AMD Dual-Core Processor E1-2500 (1.4 Ghz)

- SATA DVD Drive

- 15.6" Diagonal HD Brightview LED Display

- 3 USB 2.0 Ports

- WLAN

- 1 HDMI 2.0 port.

If it matters, the laptop is a HP 2000 pc.

Thanks

Hmm, I don't know which graphics company (AMD or Intel) my PC has. I'll check and let you know.

Edit: I found out I have an ATI Radeon 8240 graphics card. I also found out that there is no official Windows 2000 drivers, but there are for XP. Any chance that they would work, when I install UURollup?

Edited by ironman14

I think nVIDIA and AMD(ATI) graphic card does not work on Hybrid Graphic note PC's with XP and 2000.

The exception which you can use them is it has the hardware switch.

(for example SONY VAIO SZ and ASUS N10)

Hmm, I don't know which graphics company (AMD or Intel) my PC has. I'll check and let you know.

Edit: I found out I have an ATI Radeon 8240 graphics card. I also found out that there is no official Windows 2000 drivers, but there are for XP. Any chance that they would work, when I install UURollup?

With all due respect, I found the webpage I was talking about:

http://www.driverscape.com/download/amd-radeon-hd-8240. It includes a ATI Radeon 8240 driver for Windows, which claims that it is compatible with XP/Vista/7/8.

I thank you for your reply. However, do you think that this could work for win2000 with Extended Kernel?

As well, not all websites are reliable, and that could be the case with this one as well.

Hi.

You can use ATI Radeon 8xxx driver on Windows 2000 kernel core If you do not use Movie Play help API.

(I support version till ATI 4xxx).

If you use it , I recommended to use Intel HD 3000.

With all due respect, I found the webpage I was talking about:
http://www.driverscape.com/download/amd-radeon-hd-8240. It includes a ATI Radeon 8240 driver for Windows, which claims that it is compatible with XP/Vista/7/8.

I thank you for your reply. However, do you think that this could work for win2000 with Extended Kernel?

As well, not all websites are reliable, and that could be the case with this one as well.

Ok. Is there a way to disable this API?

And I don't use an Intel HD 3000 card, I'd use that if I could.

Also, I am thinking of buying an XP PC and seeing of that will install Win2k. But I don't know if I have that money.

I prefer to try installing it on mine.

Edited by ironman14

No way to disable it.

When certain software(It often use the DX game opening movies.) use this API, Display has gone white out, and you must type blind touch.

Ok. Is there a way to disable this API?

And I don't use an Intel HD 3000 card, I'd use that if I could.

Also, I am thinking of buying an XP PC and seeing of that will install Win2k. But I don't know if I have that money.

I prefer to try installing it on mine.

Thanks.

But, would a DirectX game work, or audio/video from VLC, iTunes etc.?

Also, how do you type that control?

Thanks again for your responses.

EDIT: Sorry if I am bothering you. The only other thing I wanted to know is, how do you basically slipstream extended kernel into Win2k?

Edited by ironman14