Post your AMD system temperatures in here.

ThA_FiLeR

i have a zalman cooler, its very quiet and my Athlon XP temp is a pretty stable 43'C it doesent move much from that point even under full load, i had to take the speed switch and throw it in a drawer though for my cpu, as it could only ever be set to max speed, they have a nice alu version of the (copper) one i have out now.

40.jpg

TT have a lot of nice new gear, the Gf4 fans look neat too :)

i built a pc for a friend with a volcano 7+, its a pretty noisy thing, but does its job well.

Flash can i suggest you take a look over at http://www.chillblast.com they have a good selection of cpu fans, including the zalman (copper version, id suggest finding a supplier of the Alu version if you can)

Thanks for that FthrJACK. I got worried today, as whilst playing Counter-Strike my CPU reached a temp of 65oC Degrees Celcious which i feel is hot, bit too hot for my liking and the alarm on my Hardware sensors monitor went off...

Im getting a bit worried about this... I will look into a new more powerfull fan as i want one for my GPU...

Thanks for the link FthrJack, that Kanie Hedgehog wing looks like it generates some serious wind although with 2- 60mm fans it might be a bit noisy.I'll have to do some checking on the dB/A rating.

Im getting very worried about my CPU now... Today it was hot, i know and understand that. But i also had the fan on in my room and my comp got a CPU fan and a tower fan. It reached 70oC (degrees Celcius!!). Now, dont tell me this is hot... I dont overclock my CPU either.

That temp "seems" too high.Have you taken the cover off and visually inspected the fan.It might be loaded with dust,hair,and whatever.Also while the cover is off,start the sytem and look at the fan.Is it slowing down sporadically?If you have MBM 5 monitor you can set the alarm for the lowest rpm's,and this would warn you before you get the warning,as you have said,for the overheated CPU.If all is well with the fan only other thing I can think of is to reinstall your MB monitor software. Good luck

1.4GHZ TBIRD 266FSB

LEADTEK GEFORCE4 440

CPU TEMP 46c

CPU FAN 5113 RPM

CASE FAN EXIT 2777 RPM

+3.3V 3.37

+5V 4.73

+12V 12.07

CORE VOLTAGE 1.76

one of my case fans was slowing down like that, it made a hell of a lot of noise when it did it, sounded like a small engine!

it was a UV painted one too, i bought it pre painted. i pulled the oil sticker off the back and took the C clip off, and the rubber O ring and took the fan to bits, turned out it was just assembled wrong, so that the fan and its spindle could slide in and out of the bush bearing, meaning the magnet in the fans center was catching on the motor brushes, easy fix. my fan was brand new tho.

clean your fan and heatsink out, a clean 2" paint brush is perfect for this job, i have one under my case for dusting around, dead usefull.

if your fan has a sticker on the center peal it back, many have a small disc of plastic under them, covering a small oil cup, put a drop of general purpose oil in there and see if that makes it quieter and your temps beter.

its probably just clogged up with dust and gunk.. amazing how much they attract, if you have exaust fans the cpu fan seems to get clotted up a lot less ive noticed, as any dust going in gets shoved right back out the back of your tower.

I have also heard of brand new fans spinning the wrong way (ie. blowing air away from the cpu)Each fan has an arrow on it.Usually the arrow is on the upside of a cpu fan.Make sure the fan is going in the direction of the arrow.Also at one time ATX case specs allowed the PS fan to blow in towards the MB and cpu,but they changed their specs to blow outward.Check to see or feel if the PS fan is blowing outward from the rear of your case.If you have an exit(back)and an entrance fan(front) make sure that the one in the front is blowing in and the one in the back is blowing out.If they are both going in the same direction it will create a vacuum and an overheating problem will occur.

Go here to learn more Heatsink and case cooling

Hi guys, must say, nice forum, I'm new here :)

My Athlon 1.4 (Blue Core) runs at a poxy 64ºc, however the temperature sensor on my board adds about 10ºc for some strange reason. My fan is missing 2 of the 'prongs' at the moment so that might explain it :rolleyes:

I'll repost again tomorrow when I have my Zalman Flower Cooler :D

Im getting very worried about my CPU now... Today it was hot, i know and understand that. But i also had the fan on in my room and my comp got a CPU fan and a tower fan. It reached 70oC (degrees Celcius!!). Now, dont tell me this is hot... I dont overclock my CPU either.

I wouldn't worry too much-- The reason being that the ASUS board you have adds about 10ºc to the core temperature, I think as kind of 'warning'. ASUS themselves state this is the FAQ on their website.

AMD suggest 95ºc as a max out for the temperature so I don't think it's that bad. Mine hits 70ºc occasionally, and I notice no drop in performance in comparison to when my fan was working properly and I was getting 45ºc on my old (non ASUS) board.

Just take 10ºc off the temperatures you get and then you're in a more accurate vicinity.

I have also heard of brand new fans spinning the wrong way (ie. blowing air away from the cpu)Each fan has an arrow on it.Usually the arrow is on the upside of a cpu fan.Make sure the fan is going in the direction of the arrow.Also at one time ATX case specs allowed the PS fan to blow in towards the MB and cpu,but they changed their specs to blow outward.Check to see or feel if the PS fan is blowing outward from the rear of your case.If you have an exit(back)and an entrance fan(front) make sure that the one in the front is blowing in and the one in the back is blowing out.If they are both going in the same direction it will create a vacuum and an overheating problem will occur.

Go here to learn more   Heatsink and case cooling

The best way I've found to check this is to use a lighter, or some kind of flame. Take the fan off whatever it's attached to and try to light the flame on either side of the fan-- If you can't light it, it's blowing that way, and if it sucks the flame inwards, that's the side it's sucking from.

Hope this helps.

Yes, i contacted my computer manufactor (Evesham) and they quoted that information about the AMD temperatures...

"This information is from AMD’s website

“Typically, the maximum operating temperatures for Socket A AMD Athlon™ and AMD Duron™ desktop processors are 90 degrees Celsius for processors operating up to 1GHz, and 95 degrees Celsius for processors operating above 1GHz.”

Your processor is operating well within this maximum.

I suppose it is... I think i will get some more cooling in my comp, new CPU fan as well i think, a beasty :)

That lighter trick is very useful indeed, very clever, nice one!!

I suppose it is... I think i will get some more cooling in my comp, new CPU fan as well i think, a beasty  :rolleyes:

That lighter trick is very useful indeed, very clever, nice one!!

Well, cooling is always good-- They do say the life of a processor is increased with good cooling as opposed to 'adequate' cooling.

...but I mean, really, do any of us have a processor long enough to worry about that? :)

Well yes. I can just upgrade my 1800 to say a 2100 or 2200 but just popping it in if ya see what i mean, lol. The faster the more liklyhood is that its going to be hotter. Get good cooling and you will be sorted with cooling and long life of the processer. And i dont think i will change from AMD, im extremely happy with them and doubt i will change, like others... So best stock up on the cooling.

well like i say.. my cpu is an athlon 2100+ at 43'C using a zalman, so its faster AND cooler than your cpu! it may in part be to the new organic substrate and thinner cpu design, as well as other design changes that allow it to run cooler :)