XP64 + nLite Question: "Program Files"

DanSan

Hi All.

I have been using nLite version 1.4.9.1.  With this version, it cannot seem to customize the x86 or regular Programs Folder.

Has anything with this changed in a later version?

I use a dual boot XP32 and X64 installs.

I have customized the Windows install directories to be...

XP32/OS/

XP64/OS/

Also, TEMP folder and USERS have been subbed under their respective XP32/64 folders too (i.e. XP64/USERS/).

Does anyone happen to know, from experience or otherwise, if newer versions can make it possible to also plant and rename the "Program Files" folder under a directory other than the root of the installation drive?

So for example, I want to rename "PROGRAM FILES" to "TOOLS" and have the subsequent x86 folder appear as "TOOLS (x86)" and have this appear as a subfolder under the XP64 folder ("XP64/TOOLS/"  -and-  "XP64/TOOLS (x86)/").

Thanks your time in reading.

Thanks for the Quick Response.  I've already SEEN that.

You are neglecting to read important information for this situation.

DOES a newer version of nLITE support the changing of PROGRAM FILES folder path for XP64?

The version I use and have used totally ignores any changes to this for XP64, or otherwise still creates the default folders "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)" and/or creates the specified folders but the OS only uses the default.

So, I ask again....  hopefully not in vain...  does a newer version of nLite allow for the changing of the Program Files path for XP64 without incidence?

• 2 weeks later...