Oatbox

What a pity! Did you give up on the RAM Limitation Patch, or is it still there, anyway?

You've just replaced the graphics card and removed some RAM? Why did you remove RAM?

I still have the RAM patch installed so I have a full 2GB. I removed the RAM because I had annoying issues not being able to boot with BIOS shutting down the computer after "USB overcurrent detected" message and this appears to be a common issue with those A8V boards with 4GB and some BIOS software version. It's a "new" board and BIOS is v1017, I had the latest beta with the the old one and also had this problem but not so frequently. I don't want to flash the BIOS right now as I don't have a spare board yet in case it fails. I replaced the board because the old one died with VCore voltage all over the place (capacitors failure). I like those boards but they end up dying easily because of blown capacitors. I have 4 dead ones now (one or two of which I bought dead or almost already). I think the next "big" thing I'll attempt at some point is to resurrect one of them by replacing the capacitors with polymer ones.

2GB is enough anyway to run WinME and all the sotware I have comfortably.

Edited by loblo

Tantalum capacitors are the way to go (they're also *much* better than other electrolytic types, BTW). :yes:

Please do keep me posted. I'll open, ASAP, yet a 3rd configuration for you at the list, to accomodate all the changes.

@Jumper.

>I'm currently running a 450MHz Pentium III with 256 MB RAM.

I can confirm that ALL versions of Flash 9 don't show controls, but Flash 8 shows the old controls. Tested on a virtualized PIII with Windows 95, 128MB RAM.

>Are there any people who are testing newer browsers on Windows 9x?

I will try Greenbrowser and QTWeb on Windows 98 soon. See how it works. It would be nice if Firefox, Opera or Seamonkey worked though (latest). And how did you even try to get Safari on Windows 98? Isn't it now a Mac-only app?

>Live with the occasional failure -or- upgrade to an OS that will allow for a Browser that supports it.

If you are attempting to make a solution for 9x modern browsing, I would be glad to assist with any testing or non-programming things that you may need help with.

>It may be to vc++ not working on Win 98.

Kexstubs? I've never tried that. Maybe I'll install those and the VC++ runtimes will work, allowing Firefox/Seamonkey/Aurora to work.