Trying to decide on Operating System and Office Package?

dominover

I have Office 365 myself, and I can confirm it's an arctic desert, even though I've chosen the "dark gray" theme.

Beyond just the things they do to color the elements, it's sluggish and kind of stupid.  For example, if you hover your mouse over a part of a scroll bar below the thumb, so that clicking the mouse causes you to scroll down a page at a time, if you don't move the mouse the scroll bar becomes inactive and you can no longer click it.  I assume this is some kind of touch-screen BS, but who thought it was proper to make that change for folks who use mouse and keyboard?

I have honestly considered trying to scare up a license for Office 2010 and downgrade when my pre-paid year of subscription expires.  I have only used 2003 myself (which Windows 8 saw to it was incompatible), but I've heard 2010 isn't bad.

-Noel

I have Office 365 myself, and I can confirm it's an arctic desert, even though I've chosen the "dark gray" theme.

Isn't it ironical to have new high tech displays capable of showing us "millions of colours" and can only choose between 3 (three) shades of gray (actually white, very light gray - but called "dark gray" - and a lighter gray in between)?

For no apparent reason ;):

http://reboot.pro/topic/15878-world-is-not-black-and-white/

jaclaz

I think it's in the billions now (30 bit color).

a) Ironic 

b) moronic

c) just evil

d) all of the above

Pardon me, I just got an eMail from a polar bear on an ice floe in a snowstorm...

-Noel

Pardon me, I just got an eMail from a polar bear on an ice floe in a snowstorm...

And if he uses Office 365, your reply will appear on his screen as ;):

demotivational-posters-31.jpg

(but without border and caption :ph34r:)

jaclaz