Wimscript.ini kills all search functionality

I found a Wimscript.ini file on Google that said it could reduce the size of an image. I downloaded it to test it out and it does work as advertised; it does reduce the image. However, it also completely kills all search functionality in the Windows when installed.

Can anyone help me?

Here's the script:

[ExclusionList]Skydrive*prm0*NL7*NlsData*NlsLexicons**IMD*lex\Windows\IME\IMEJP\Windows\IME\IMEKR\Windows\IME\IMETC\Windows\System32\IME\Windows\Speech\Windows\InputMethod\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Windows\Winsxs\*Fon\Windows\Winsxs\*ttf\Windows\Winsxs\*ttc\Windows\Fonts\gulim*\Windows\Fonts\malgun*\Windows\Fonts\ming*\Windows\Fonts\msjh*\Windows\Fonts\msyh*\Windows\Fonts\NirmalaS*\Windows\Fonts\sims*\Windows\Fonts\simhei*\Windows\Fonts\simk*\Windows\Fonts\simfang*\Windows\Fonts\gulim*\Windows\Fonts\yumin*\Windows\Fonts\yugo*\Windows\Fonts\yumi*[ExclusionException]
Edited by ptd163

I don't want to anything that kills a component of the OS. I just wanted something that would shrink my image without deleting the winsxs backup folder because I was about 100 MB outside of single layer DVD range.

Wherever it was that I found it said it would work. So I used it. Didn't know it would kill search. I'm definitely going to take out those 2 lines now. Is there anything else I should take out?

Edited by ptd163

You should not use Wimscript.ini, if you not absolutely sure what you do.

\Windows\SoftwareDistribution is the only line that okay here.

If you really need to get it smaller, check out Dism functionality like /ResetBase and /Compress Recovery

If you really need to get it smaller, check out Dism functionality like /ResetBase and /Compress Recovery

I'm already using /ResetBase when capturing my image and it's still coming to outside the single layer range. I know .esd compression can reduce the image by at least 1 GB, but it also makes unserviceable and I want to be able to keep up to date when new updates come out.

Edited by ptd163