Windows XP Unattended modified setup.exe

Arite, what im trying to do is make an unattended installing cd of windows xp that is full and upgrade, this is easily done by making the upgrade bootable. the iso works fine doing an unattended install from boot, but i want to mod the file setup.exe on the root of the cd to change the link <install windows xp> from calling winnt32.exe to call winnt.bat, which is the file that calls the answer file. I know this will work because if you run d:\i386\winnt.bat it will install the os as an upgrade. I think anyway. Can someone help me mod the setup.exe file, like tell me how. Thnx

Ive used resource hacker a lot before, i have my own personal ad-remover for aim made from it, u kan edit just about everything except that field. The string you listed opens winnt.exe. im still not posotive of the difference between winnt.exe and winnt32.exe but i know 32 is the one that starts the instalation, and hte bat file calls winnt32.exe. so thus calling the bat file will start the unattended instalation in an upgrade mode. The trick is getting the bat file called from the setup.exe. The string you told me to mod, ive tried it before, and i double checked it, it doesnt call .bat when u mod it. Im not sure what it does. Ive never used restuner before and after trying it, i realize it just does what reshacker can do for free. Im still trying to perfect this, more ideas are welcome, o and btw, what is usetep.exe??

USetup.exe will guide you through the setup part of the installation. It's the GUI installation part that is started right after windows restarts the for the first time during installation... So it's the modul that applies the setup to Windows.

Hope you got it. It's kinda hard to explain for a german :)

well i dont really need to mod that, i just want a professional looking cd that what will install windows xp with one click and no other user input. or booting it. Any other ideas on what to change?

Well, make full unattended installation... it can't get any easier :) You've got to use Setup Manager: CDRom: SUPPORT\TOOLS\deplay.cab/setupmgr.exe

Create your unattended file. Rename unattend.txt to winnt.sif and copy it to the I386 folder. Burn you new compilation...

dirtdevil, i know how to do that, ur not reading my entire post. all i want to do is run winnt.bat from the origional menu in setup.exe. I could make my own menu as i have released desktop theme cds from my home buisness before, but it wouldnt look close to the actual setup file unless i put alot of work into it, theres got to be an easier way, ill probably start this anyway, but i really wanna try to just mod the setup file because tht way i dont need to find all the programs and comand in perform other options and such.

I went to the flyakite page and the modded setup.exe file is coming soon again, anyone else have interesting information that mite b helpful?

sure post it along with info might be useful who knows :)

if you can't modify setup.exe the way you want it...you'll have to use an Autoplay Menu Creatore or code one yourself.

http://www.indigorose.com/ams/index.php

that's what Flyakite i believe is using for his new Setup.exe page. However, you may want to get your hands on 4.0 instead of 5.0 as it's easier to use. 5.0 you have to do scripting and whatnot.