Firefox 29+ on Windows 2000

Has anyone tested Firefox 29 and Firefox 30 on Windows 2000 with the latest version of UURollup?

As far as I know, I recently switched to a new computer a few months back and as a result of this, I can no longer test new versions of Firefox on Windows 2000.

Also, in Firefox 30, developers removed the dead OS/2 support code due to lack of contribution and the newer code that hasn't been able to work properly on OS/2.

I have had FF 29 working flawlessly on W2K for over a month. Don't use addons as they really slow down the browsers on W2K. Haven't tried FF30 yet.

Also, maybe you should install Windows 2000 in virtualbox so you can use it too.

I have had FF 29 working flawlessly on W2K for over a month. Don't use addons as they really slow down the browsers on W2K. Haven't tried FF30 yet.

Also, maybe you should install Windows 2000 in virtualbox so you can use it too.

I already did install Windows 2000 in VirtualBox. However, I hadn't had the time to test it with UURollup at this time.

ok. Hope you can get it tested with UURollup soon. I tried FF30 yesterday and it works just as good as FF29. Latest flash is OK but I don't recommend using any addons (except maybe Adblock Plus). They really slow Firefox down.

Also, in addition to UUrollup, I recommend using Blackwingcat's Fcwin2k.exe. It allows many apps to install and run, including MSI installers and the iTunes exe files. To do that, download the following: http://www7.atwiki.jp/win2000/pages/17.html.

Extract it, and paste fcwin2k.exe to the desktop. That's all you need. I recommend deleting the rest of the folder. It is not necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried FF30 yesterday and it works just as good as FF29. 

FF 30 has failed to run for me on Win2k; launching the executable fails with "firefox.exe is not a valid Win32 application." I've tried installing FF12 and upgrading to 30 by modifying the update URL, as well as using the portable version, both give the same error.

May I ask how you're running FF 30? Is there some kind of compatibility program to use?

I'm going to try Pale Moon or Sea Monkey on an installation, and report here. Both are based on the Mozilla engine that powers Firefox, but have either the Original UI or the Gecko UI that they used.

I've quite simply had it with Firefox's "Rapid-Release" program - which is fine, but this new "Australis" has me really annoyed. Once I get the newest FF on my machines, I am swearing off its use from this point forward (At least the newer releases).

FF 30 has failed to run for me on Win2k; launching the executable fails with "firefox.exe is not a valid Win32 application." I've tried installing FF12 and upgrading to 30 by modifying the update URL, as well as using the portable version, both give the same error.

May I ask how you're running FF 30? Is there some kind of compatibility program to use?

Yes, Uurollup. It requires the MS official Service Pack 4 and Update Rollup 1. Download it from here:https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw_nt4aAJIoPOUZpTFJHckdPMVE&tid=0Bw_nt4aAJIoPWWNBay13dTlXOWs#list . The included Application Compatibility Launcher is enough to install.

Scroll down to very bottom and download that file.

Yes, Uurollup. It requires the MS official Service Pack 4 and Update Rollup 1. Download it from here:https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw_nt4aAJIoPOUZpTFJHckdPMVE&tid=0Bw_nt4aAJIoPWWNBay13dTlXOWs#list . The included Application Compatibility Launcher is enough to install.

Scroll down to very bottom and download that file.

Hmm, the disc I used installed the SP4 version by default, and from there I installed Update Rollup 1, followed by UURollup 2, followed up USP5.1. Even when using appcomp.cmd, the browser itself says it's not a valid Win32 application, and the installer says it requires XP SP2 or newer. 

Did I install my updates wrong? Do I need to start over?

You seem to be doing it mostly right. The only thing I would do is install UURollup v. 11d (the one I gave you the link to) in addition to the updates you installed.

Then you should be good. Reply if you still have problems.