I can't install windows 2000 on em350

t11

Yep, the point here is (after having ruled out a possible "generic" hardware issue) if the "conflict" you have experimentally found with the stupid Insyde BIOS is limited to the installation (as is/was the case of Qemu) or if it prevents (after having somehow "hacked" a 2K install on it) the running of the OS.

jaclaz

Your best bet with laptops is an ASUS laptop. The ASUS BIOSes do not restrict the installation of Win2k. Same with Dell BIOSes. So if you're gonna run Win2k on a laptop, look for only those 2 companies.

So, if I'm getting this right...

The Acer Laptop MoBo is "made" by "Compal" so its BIOS (not Asus?) does NOT have those options, so they're screwed?

ACER EMACHINES 350 EM350 MB.NAH02.001 (MBNAH02001) NAV51 LA-6311P

But... it -seems- that the BIOS allows for the setting. Why wouldn't setting those options (-if- they exist) allow for it? I was under the impression that the "non-standard" (missing options)  ones were those that -prevented- the installation. What would be the difference between an XP and a Win2k Install that prevents 2k installation? I -am- aware that -some- have a "something" embedded in the BIOS for a particular "type" of OS allowable. Would that be it? :unsure: (in a learning curve, here)