Cannot change resources in Windows 8.1

Bakuchris

I have been trying to change resources such as icons in .dll's or images in .dll's in Windows 8.1 x64 (Not Professional edition), but everytime I do it breaks my activation and I have to use sfc/ scannow to fix the problem, which then does fix it. but it bothers me that I cannot customize anything like previous versions of Windows. as I have read that Windows nows secures things more then ever in the Windows directorys to protect users from system files modifying like from virus's and things like that.

• 1 month later...

well, i do it easy

choose the software: Resource Hacker, Restorator, i prefer Resource Tuner, then download and install TakeOwnershipEx , and take a look how i done it 

[yt]

[/yt] Edited by drakulaboy

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, when I watched the video it looked exactly what I did except that I used Restorator 2007 though as the days went by Windows Update broke it once, and also a few days more something made it broke. Though maybe it's because I replaced another system file under where the Windows 8 Logo is stored that also breaks it alot for me.

Edited by Bakuchris

• 3 weeks later...

Where did you get the app "Reload Icon Cache.exe" showing in your Youtube vid from? been using a batch file but this may work for me better.

Thanks, ~DP

well, i do it easy

choose the software: Resource Hacker, Restorator, i prefer Resource Tuner, then download and install TakeOwnershipEx , and take a look how i done it 

[yt]

[/yt]