Network problem

Leon2003

Hi, I have a question need to ask, can some1 please help me out?

Evertime I boot up my computer, I check Local Connection, my "Send" is always greater "Receive" under the "Activity". (see pic) My local DSL company told me that there might be a virus in my computer, that's why the "Send" is always greater than "Receive". Is that true?

I'm using Windows XP Pro, up-to-date Kaspersky Anti-Virus, and Sygate Personal Firewall. I've done full system virus scan, and check the activity in the firewall program, but I couldn't find something wrong. (I shared with my brother with a router to connect to the internet)

Thanks for your help in advance.

post-34-1080590765_thumb.jpg

I would assume this is just local network traffic between your computer and your brothers computer. Windows generally has several processes running in order to accomodate RPC's, etc... that just sit and listen (and also broadcast that they are there waiting). I don't think you have anythign to worry about. Although you could probably cut down on this meaningless chatter by disabling any uneeded services.

Blyster

If you want accuracy, get yourself a software bandwidth monitor. I highly doubt that you are sending more data than you recieve unless you do alot of file sharing. I run a home server and it's always higher on sent than recieved.

I doubt you have a virus though but it never hurts to check. Try an online scan before you go out and buy something. http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

newdles

http://www.webzila.com