HFSLIP 1.7.9 and Windows XP

pcalvert

I downloaded HFSLIP 1.7.9 several years ago with the intention of using it to create a full-patched installation CD for Windows 2000, but never got around to it. I'm still planning to do it when I have the time, but right now I need to use Windows XP. Will HFSLIP 1.7.9 work well to slipstream updates and hotfixes into Windows XP, or would some other version be a better choice?

Phil

I know that nLite, RyanVM's Integrator, and HFSLIP are each preferred by different folks to work with XP.  Other tools are used as well, but I think those are the most popular.  Use whichever one you prefer and are the most familiar with.  In each case you should be sure to use the most recent version of the tool.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

• 3 weeks later...

Hi bphlpt,

Thank you for your suggestions. I had been thinking I'd slipstream updates and (maybe) hotfixes using HFSLIP and then use nLite to remove unwanted software and add some tweaks, but then I began wondering if that approach is really such a good idea. If there is at least one good reason to use both, then I'll consider it; otherwise, I am inclined to use only one tool (nLite). I figure I'm less likely to run into problems that way.

Phil