New PC no Video no POST no Beeps.

Lezend

Tinker:

You can't pair a CRIMM and a RDRAM together. Thats a 'no no' Bad combination.

This is my memory setup:

Bank 0:

---KVR800A18-16/512 RDRAM (1)

---KVR800A18-16/512 RDRAM (2)

Bank 1:

---CRIMM 800 (1)

---CRIMM 800 (2)

Intel Tested Compatible Memories.

Have you ever seen the MB work?

Nope. This is the first brand new Intel P4 Mobo just released. I have no clue or any idea how it work. I am familiar with my currently running mobo but this one 'no'. I haven't seen it work therefore I couldn't figure out what wrong with it. Does it suppose to beeps? or like Why are all the LEDs green on the mobo and I still get no video or signal?

*Confuse*

Thanks though.

ThA_FiLeR:

Are you kiddin'? Taking out the CMOS required to solder it back in place frankly that void the warranty 'BIG TIME'. They want the whole mobo or nothing.

Plus, what are the chances of all three mobos when bad on same installation. I think that there is something I did wrong or forget.

Thanks.

Well on my mobo I can just pop it out outa some kinda slot with my fingers, I guess its not the same with all the mobo's. Oh and where do you live, if you live somewhere in Florida come on over and I'll take a look at it.

I just looked at your manual from link. In section 1.7.2 it tells that if the RAM is not installed you will not be able to finish the POST and you will not get any beeps.... Check your C-RIMM and make sure they are installed correctly and have no damage on them. I see what you are talking about on your bank 0 and bank 1, mine is set up a little different but still the same concept. Check out that RAM and make as sure as you can that all is seated well and looking good......... I like the specks on that MB, I want to know how it turns out because I am thinking of upgrade myself...

Good luck...

Tinker: The CRIMM is a pain in the butt to snap it in but it does snap in place. I did a return and I will get the new mobo this monday. I will upload some pic and lets you guys know how it turn out.

Thanks.

ThA_FiLeR: Thanks though but I live in California. I been to florida for vacation and love it there. You must be lucky to live there the whole time.

:)

Nope I couldn't get it to work. Everything start just I still don't get video or post. I sent the mobo back to the place I bought (newegg.com) to get a new one in exchange. I am getting a new mobo this monday. With that I will redo everything correctly to see if it the mobo fault.

With all luck, everything will be fine this monday.

COOL.....

I priced out that system, 700 bucks. That would be using my HDD, Geforce4 card and Power supply as well as memory that I already have. I wanted to get it all from the same online store but they were out of stock on the CPU..... If you do not mind me asking, what in a round about figure have you got in your new machine dollar wise? If you do not want to post it that is OK......

:) Happy to hear that you have it up and running now. Have fun and keep us posted..........

CoolerMaster ATC 210 Case

Rewriting the chapter of future designer cases.

Tool-less assembly/disassembly for quick and easy access for maintenance or upgrades.

Dual USB portst at the front of case for easy access.

Excellent ventilation for the motherboard and HDD drive.

All Aluminum & Acrylic

Drive Bay: 5.25' Bays (Exposed) x 4

3.5' Bays (Exposed) x 2

3.5' Bays (Shadow) x 4

ENERMAX EG651P-VE(FMA). 550W Power supply for AMD K7 & Pentium4. Meet AMD K7 and Intel ATX +12V 1.1 and ATX 2.03 version (Pentium 4 fully support). Ultra cooling design: one 9 cm fan intake heat and one 8 cm fan exhaust heat. Fan Speed monitored by M/B & Adjustable. 9cm Thermal Control Fan. Retail box.

Intel Motherboard D850EMV2L for P4 478 Processors

Specifications:

Front Side bus: 850E

Memory: RDRAM(2)

ATX Form Factor, AGP4x USB 2.0

PRO50

Socket 478

Intel Pentium 4 / 2.53GHz Northwood 512K Socket 478 Processor 533MHz Processor Bus

Specifications:

CPU: 2.53 GHz

Type: Pentium 4 Northwood

Cache: 512K

BUS: 533 Mhz

Socket: 478 Retail (Box with Heatsink and fan), 3-year MFG. Warranty-(CPU ONLY NO RAMBUS RAM)

KINGSTON RAMBUS 512MB PC 800 ECC - KVR800A18-16/512

Retail Eight layer board, Lifetime Warranty All Rambus must be used in pairs [2X]

WD WESTERN DIGITAL "SPECIAL EDITION" 120GB 7200RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE MODEL # WD1200JB - ,

Specifications:

Size: 120 Gigabytes

Interface: IDE ULTRA ATA100

Seek time: 8.9ms

RPM:7200

Cache 8MB

(Drive alone) 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty [2X]

PLEXTOR PX-W4012TA/SW 40x12x40 CD-RW -

RETAIL Internal IDE Drive The PlexWriter 40/12/40A E-IDE (ATAPI) drive, with built-in BURN-Proof technology, delivers exceptionally fast performance in a professional 3-in-1 CD solution, while upholding the legendary Plextor reliability. PoweRec II, an exclusive Plextor technology, guarantees the highest quality write across a broad base of media.

VISIONTEK Xtasy GeForce4 Ti4600 (GeForce4 Ti 4600 Graphics Chipset). 128MB DDR. 4X, AGP. 300MHz GPU. TV In/Out. DVI. Retail.

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Platium Int.

Stunning 24-bit multi-channel performance and 100dB SNR for high definition audio

Innovative EAX® ADVANCED HD™ technology delivers high definition audio environments for ultra-realistic gaming and enriched music effects

Fully integrated SB1394 (IEEE® 1394 compliant) ensures optimum performance for qualified products like DV Camcorders, digital audio players, external hard drives/high speed CD-RWs, and home entertainment equipment

Professional home recording studio with expanded front panel multi I/O connectivity, low latency ASIO™ support and bundled music creation tools.

Sony Floppy Drive

Rounded Cable [3x]

This is what I list not with the extra stuff I added like neon light and side case mod with see through glass.

This came to about $2492.33 included tax and Shipping. All the stuff I bought was online. I used pricewatch extensively.

Here are some pictures I took when I actually got it to work.

user posted imageuser posted image

I N T E L ® A C T I V E M O N I T O R

System Information Report

6/12/2002 10:25:15 AM

General Information

Product name Genuine Intel® Pentium® 4 processor based system

Board model Genuine Intel® D850EMV2 system board

OS version Windows* XP version 5.1 build 2600

OS memory 1,047,856 KB RAM

Processor

Processor Genuine Intel® Pentium® 4 processor

Processor speed 2.53 GHz

Bus speed 533 MHz

L1 cache Data Cache 8KB, Execution Trace Cache 12K Micro-ops

L2 cache Advanced Transfer Cache 512 KB

Form factor ZIF Socket

Stepping 4

System

Physical memory 1,024 MB RAM

Memory speed PC800

Memory type Other, RAMBUS

Form factor RIMM

BIOS date 05/17/2002

BIOS size 512 KB

BIOS version P13 (MV85010A.86A.0032.P13.0205170008)

Sensors

Sensor Name System Fan 1

Current Value 2,614

Upper Threshold not applicable

Lower Threshold 500

Sensor Name Processor Zone

Current Value 23

Upper Threshold 68

Lower Threshold not applicable

Sensor Name System Zone 1

Current Value 27

Upper Threshold 50

Lower Threshold not applicable

Sensor Name +3.3 V standby

Nominal Value 3.300

Current Value 3.300

Upper Threshold 4.500

Lower Threshold 2.100

Sensor Name +5 V

Nominal Value 5.000

Current Value 5.078

Upper Threshold 6.000

Lower Threshold 4.000

Sensor Name +3.3 V

Nominal Value 3.300

Current Value 3.334

Upper Threshold 4.300

Lower Threshold 2.300

Sensor Name CPU Core (+1.5 V)

Nominal Value 1.500

Current Value 1.459

Upper Threshold 2.300

Lower Threshold 0.700

Sensor Name Memory (+2.5 V)

Nominal Value 2.500

Current Value 2.487

Upper Threshold 3.300

Lower Threshold 1.700

End of Report

*Third-party brands and names are the property of their respective owners.

Oh I changed my case too. I didn't like the blue case because the LED is blue and blue make it all blend in you can't tell much. With the green one, I change the LED to blue so it look rad.

setup.jpg

nice pc!

could i ask you to keep these images around for a while? we are building new sections onto msfn soon and id like to post your thread on ther if i could?

something like "members rigs" or something, we should have tutorials on building computers, fault finding, workshops on doing things such as command prompt stuff, formatting, installing windows etc etc etc.

not sure on the final details yet tho.

glad you got it sorted out, always good when you nail an annoying problem!