Intel MB D850EMV2L

Intel 2.53

2 RDRAM 512

2 CRDRAM

Enermax 550W 12V 8A (P4 Support)

VisionTek G4 Ti4600

CDR

Floppy

This is the bare base of my system I am building. I have problem of getting it to post. There is no beep signal or anything. Please Help. I can provide all additional information if you need.

PS: When power, CPU fan turn on. Board LED turn on. AGP card fan on. No video no Post.

Is there a simple way to diagnostic to see which one is the problem maker?

seems silly to say this but...

is the speaker plugged in properly? most new mobos dont have the post speaker on board (back to the old way of doing it) usually your mobo comes with a speaker in the box.

if you did that, and you probably already have (sorry just making sure) make sure that post is enabled in the bios, as it may be turned off.

Common POST beeps:

one short beep

Normal POST signal, all ok

Two short beeps

POST error, check the screen for a warning

No beep

Power supply or speaker problem

Continous beep

Power supply problem, motherboard problem, or possible short circuit

Repeating short beeps

Power supply problem, motherboard problem, or possible short circuit

One long, One short beep

Motherboard problem

One long, Two Short beeps

Graphics card problem

One long, Three short beeps

Graphics card problem

hope they are of use if you get it working, only a rule of thumb though, but usefull. Also, try take out your CPU and then turn it on, get any POST signal then?

Ok... Sounds tricky but im sure we can work it out...

1. Are you sure all your components work? Tested them out on other comps? You got some heavy RAM there, over a gig so see if thats not faulty, try booting up with a single 512 RAM and switch them about to see if one of them is faulty.

2. Your HD... Where is it? I don't see it on the list, you need a Hard DRive to boot up.

3. Those lights at the front of your comp towe and mobo. Make sure they are plugged in from the mobo and plugged into the speaker on your tower or built into your mobo, thats where ya get the beep.

4. Hear your CD drive spinning? You should do if you hear the other fans, check that.

This is to help with your hardware, im not too familliar with POST beeps. Sry, but im sure someone else will help ya.

blueprint_board.gif

Here is a board blueprint. It does have onboard speaker but it doesn't have output to PC speaker.

I have RDRAM. You can't do single RDRAM. They have to go in pair. This is the only pair I have they cost quite a bundle. Is that the problem? I don't think my ram is the problem because they are brand new and never used.

I have a HD. It is Western Digital WB1200JB.

Help please I am out of idea.

FthrJACK: Not a beep.

Flash: No beeps. The board has buildin PC speaker and it doesn't have output to regular PC speaker. Everything boots up. Running. Fan Running. Board LED turn Green. All Fan running. All Cable Seated. No beeps. No Video.

I have two perfectly good monitors. Neither one give signal.

I am so confuse. Sorry this is my very first self build. Guess I don't have what it take. *sobs*

Argh, dont give up, never do. When i first built my comp i had LOADS of problems, like not sitting CPU correctly and fitting in Mobo, you learn from your mistakes, i did...

Did you say you get power?

Another option is to: Take eveything apart and rebuild it again with ALL parts.

11l.jpg

This is my case.

31l.jpg32l.jpg

My Power Supply.

33l.jpg22l.jpg

After Plugged In.

23l.jpg24l.jpg

The mobo Connecters to Chassis .. is this the problem? I used all of them. I am scared that the board get warp so I fill every single hole. Will that interfere with the board and ground it?

Your MOBO connectors are fine. Assuming you live in the US, make sure that the little red switch on the back of your PS is on 115V if you're living in Europe it should be on 220V. Also try to rmove parts and then try to boot up like remove one of your RAM sticks and try only to put in a HD, RAM, Video card, and floppy. This way youll be able to find which things are causing conflicts.

1.Make sure the jumper that clears the cmos is in the normal position not the clear cmos position otherwise it will never work......

2.Also have you got an aproved P4 PSU with the extra 2 power connectors on....?

3.Does the motherboard support the 533mhz bus for the 2.53 proc...

4.Have you got the rdram and crimms in the correct order...?

i think its all ok, as you say it boots fine etc.

post uis just disabled in the bios, OR your post speaker is a duff, it wouldnt be the first. if you have a spare speaker lying around you could try twist the wires onto the mobo speakers points.

make sure you dont short anything and boot.

i wouldnt solder anything because you might have to take the board back.

nice power supply, you cant have too much power, the WATTs is whats is important, you need enough to keep everything in your pc happy.

(eg you wont blow anything up changing a 250W psu for a 400W psu, voltages are same, Wattage is different)

i notice you have a juno case too :)

i bet its just the bios...

as for grounding, take out those mother board raisers you arent using!!! very important because that WILL damage your pc.

let us know how you get on

ThA_FiLeR: 115V of course.

I build my computer on the carpet is that a problem?

BAH:

1. There only 2 sets of jumpers on the whole mobo. One is for the front speaker output and one for J9 Bios. And it is in the normal setup.

2. I think so. Enermax said they support P4.

spec.jpg

4. 2 KVR800A18-16/512 in bank 0

2 CRIMM in bank 1

FthrJACK: I think my mobo is fried. Because I have all the hole filled with spacers. But if mobo is fried does it still power up everything?

*Thank you ... you guys great helpers.

I just recieved an email from techie of Intel regarding my setup.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Technical Support.

For troubleshooting purposes, please strip the system down to the processor, video card, floppy drive, one hard disk, and a minimum amount of memory.  Try to check for loose memory, processor or add-in card.  Switch these components for others.  Trying a different monitor and/or the monitor's contrast and brightness controls is also an advisable option.  

- Remove all non-essential add-in cards or components.

- If possible, test other memory modules.

- Make sure the memory is on the compatibility list, and if not try another brand.  The list can be found at the following URL: http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd...mv2/mv2_mem.htm

-  Check to ensure that Intel® Desktop Board D850EMV2 meets the memory installation requirements from the link below: http://support.intel.com/support/motherboa...emv2/tti001.htm

- Try another video card.

- Make sure that the power on button cable is going to the proper front panel pin headers (pin 6 and pin 8).

- Switch the monitor and computer power cables.  

- Check that the unit is set to 120V and not 220V.  

- See if the power supply fan is working.

- Double check the power connections from the power supply to the board.

- Make sure the processor fan is properly seated on the Intel® processor.

- If possible, test another processor.

- Please ensure that both the power supply and chassis comply with the ATX 2.03 standard (also called "ATX12V"). It is advised that the output be at least 300-Watts with 1 Ampere in the +5 Volt Standby channel. Please visit the links below for more information regarding ATX 2.03 standards and to find products certified to comply with such standards: http://www.formfactors.org

http://program.intel.com/shared/products/b..._tested_psu.htm

- Try booting with just the memory and processor installed.  If this works, then start re-installing your components one at a time.

- If you cannot boot with just memory and processor, then try removing the memory to see if you get a beep code.  Without memory you should get a beep code from the motherboards BIOS. If you do not get a beep code, you have an issue with either the processor or the motherboard.  Do you have access to another processor you could use to troubleshoot this issue?

- If you get a beep code without the memory and you have checked the memory complies with the specifications given on the link above and that it is on the list of tested memory, then most probably the memory is defective. If possible, test known good and tested system memory.

- If you do not get beep code with a new processor and no memory, the issue is, most likely, with the motherboard.  If you have purchased the boxed version of your motherboard, then you were shipped a CD-ROM with warranty information on it.  This information is in .PDF (Adobe* Acrobat*) format.  You will need to install the Adobe* Acrobat* Reader* to view this material.  Please remember that you should first notify your place of purchase of any warranty/repair issues whenever possible.

As a troubleshooting step, you can test the board outside of the chassis.  Please place it over a non-conducting surface.  Just plug in the power supply, the video card, a minimum of memory, and the processor.  In some cases a metal piece in the chassis can be grounding the board and it will not power up.  

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Sincerely yours,

Damion P.

Intel® Technical Support

http://support.intel.com

Intel® Desktop Board Support Web Site http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/

->Intel Customer Support Search Survey

->

->

-> Desktop/workstation boards

->

->

->E-mail address: TungNguyen@zeromx.com

->

->Product name: D850EMV2L

->

->I have problem of getting the motherboard to even boot.  There is no beeps indicator nor does it give me post or video outage.  I am very unsatify because this isn't the only motherboard I tested.  Please notice that I have 3 of the same D850EMV2L and all with the same .. I can't get POST and VIDEO   (no beeps indicator onboard) Email me if you can help me out.

->

-> End-user - small business or home office

->

PS: When power, CPU fan turn on. Board LED turn on. AGP card fan on. No video no Post.

From this statement and reading all the replies to your post, my question is have you ever seen the MB work? If it is new out of the box and has never worked the BIOS might be bad from the get go. If this is the case it will never work and you should contact your supplier for a replacement or you might have to send it to Intel for replacement. All the items that you listed that are powered up do not need the BIOS to function to work.

I hope this is not the case, but items have been known to bad out of the box..........

ONE more thing I just thought of, are you RAM sticks in the right locations?

After thinking about it sounds like the the BIOS information is not getting to the RAM. On my ASUS P4T the sticks are staggered.... i.e. c-ram then memory stick then c-ram then memory stick. Just a thought..........

http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd...internalmem.htm

Check out this link for more information on memory for you MB...