Help needed with RT7Lite

Hello all , so i,m quite new with making slipstreamed images of Windows 7 , i made my first slipstreamed Os yesterday using RT7 Lite Beta 2.60

Everything went fine , but i wonder how do i add let,s say netframework 4.5.1 wich is an exe &  Adobe Reader wich is an msi , the updates tab in Rt7 accepts only msu extension,s  ( i think )

Can i add these item,s only under the Application,s tab then? 

any pointer,s would be greatly appreciated & thanks alot for your insight ~! :sneaky:

While I know that RT7Lite has its fans, so no offense meant to them, you do realize that some of RT7Lite's methods are kind of hacks that make updating a source that it has been used on impossible and also that it hasn't been updated in YEARS and is no longer supported by the developer, don't you?  As long as you realize that and are willing to deal with the consequences, then carry on.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

While I know that RT7Lite has its fans, so no offense meant to them, you do realize that some of RT7Lite's methods are kind of hacks that make updating a source that it has been used on impossible and also that it hasn't been updated in YEARS and is no longer supported by the developer, don't you?  As long as you realize that and are willing to deal with the consequences, then carry on.

Cheers and Regards

Hi bp ..Thx for pointing that out to me , i,m not aware of the commonly used techniques at the moment when making a safe and practical Image , i started being interested about 3 day,s ago & just did a google search Rt7 got a lot of  hit,s so i basicly went ond go on about it with it , did,t came about many negative responses either .

Do you maybe have some suggestion,s then to go about it with other tool,s ? 

i used Wud Windows updates downloader  ( http://www.windowsupdatesdownloader.com/Default.aspx  ) wich seem,s allright

All suggestion,s are greatly appreciated , thx again for your response

The best tool for any job depends exactly on what the job is, ie what you are trying to accomplish, and what your experience level is.

RT7Lite's biggest claim to fame, and what many folks still prefer it for, is for removing features from the OS to slim it down.  I, and many others, feel that goal is no longer needed as much as it once was.  Slimming an OS made a lot more sense and gave performance improvements that you could feel back in the day when the CPU was much slower, and memory and disc drives were smaller and slower.  With today's hardware improvements there just doesn't seem to be the need to slim like there once was.  Also there is always the risk that if you removed something, that you might need it later for some update or new piece of software you install, and trying to put the feature you removed back didn't always work, thus forcing you to rebuild and install the OS from scratch.

If you are just trying to make an up to date Windows 7 install source, then there are many ways to do that and I'm sure folks will chime in with their favorite.  They will range from built in Windows tools such as DISM with batch commands to tools such as Win Toolkit.  Good luck in your endeavors.

Cheers and Regards

Thank you again bp i,m looking now at some of the wintoolkit Guide,s you mentioned , .. i,m just a homeuser i recently bought 2 Samsung Evo ssd,s, thinking would,d it be nice to make a great slimmed down Os installation for it aswell ,     

the one i made with Rt is lying here on a Disk , tried it out on a Virtual Machine , went well ( installation and coming to desktop ) , i liked the Blackviper prefix they do have in Rt ,i,ve no idea if it,l work on a long time term , i saw a quik look just now on the Wintoolkit you mentioned that is stil being maintained? wich feels emediatly more trustworthy somehow , let me take a more deep plunge into this thing called slipstreaming , haha ^_

thanks again for your insight !

Edited by VonBiggenBurgh

Yes, Win Toolkit is being actively maintained.  And good for you for liking Black Viper's service settings.  Black Viper is recognized as being one of the authorities about Windows service settings.  His site has lots of useful info, and his recommendations have even been incorporated into the Smart tool to allow the service settings to be easily changed.

Cheers and Regards