Can't install Windows Me (freezes after 2nd reboot)

Mysterio

I've finally made it! Haven't seen Me so fast before (loads up faster than my monitor changes the resolution)!!

Thank everyone for your help!!)

The problem is in the incompatibility of the SATA HDD and the Windows Me in my PC configuration. As soon as I unplugged SATA devices, setup continued and finished with no problems. Right after the installation of the necessary motherboard drivers I've decided to connect them again: Millennium frozen in the windows mode, when found a new device and was trying to install "primary IDE controller". So, Jaclaz, your piece of advice was good, but didn't work to the end. Anyway, thank you!

Rloew, does your SATA Patch solve such sort of problems? If yes, how friendly is it to the PCHealth (I mean System Files Protection): won't it be replaced every time I'll boot up Me? :-) The same question is about the memory patch and the 137 limit patch. Maybe I'll buy them, but don't know how "deep" they'll gonna be integrated (I need a good protection from any sudden "system self-restores of the original ones").

Edited by Mysterio

My Patches need to be installed in safe Mode on Windows ME or from a Bootable DOS Floppy.

Preventing SFP from possibly undoing the Patches would require removing the affected files from the list SFP maintains.

I've burned copies of my Windows ME cd and they always turned out error prone. I would install Windows with one of these burned copies, then before you know it, all sorts of kernel errors would pop up. Or else it would crash while updating system settings right after installation. In the end, the system was never stable. All that disappears when I use a real copy.

Looks like it's time to chuck the CD drive or get CDs of another manufacturer.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP