Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

MrMaguire

Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 2000

Hi.

The reason of IE7 and IE8 would not work on Windows 2000 is that the following reasons.

* The SHLWAPI.DLL has 2 type structure XP and Windows 2000, and it is not compatible.

( For example explorer can't show some icon image and crush when  You run explorer.exe with XP mode )

* IE 7 and IE 8 were separated from shell functions, XP's  kernel has many fuctions for them , but 2000 one has not it,

I embedded some of them , but there are some functions which I would not do. ( For example DCOM Service)

* IE 7 and IE 8 requires LUNA Interface.

I think that Internet explorer has many many  vulnerabilities, so there is little advantage to use it on Windows 2000.

If I can work IE7 and IE8, we should drop Windows 2000 compatibility ! ( It is nonsense :)

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1703891.html