Help with conditions

Can someone help me with this condition line? I'm trying to install Flash for IE on every operating system but Windows 8 or 8.1, and I just can't get it to work now that I have to exclude both 8 and 8.1:

cond[pn]=['getBits()==64 && (getOSver()!="Win8" || getOSver()!="Win8.1") && getFileVersion("%WinDir%\\System32\\Macromed\\Flash\\FlashUtil64_13_0_0_214_ActiveX.exe")!="13.0.0.214"'];

Thanks!

Can someone help me with this condition line? I'm trying to install Flash for IE on every operating system but Windows 8 or 8.1, and I just can't get it to work now that I have to exclude both 8 and 8.1:

cond[pn]=['getBits()==64 && (getOSver()!="Win8" || getOSver()!="Win8.1") && getFileVersion("%WinDir%\\System32\\Macromed\\Flash\\FlashUtil64_13_0_0_214_ActiveX.exe")!="13.0.0.214"'];

Thanks!

Windows 8 and 8.1 have flash built into them https://forums.adobe.com/message/4814662 so I dont see why you are trying to avoid installation on them.

Because it is unnecessary to update, and I want it excluded from the list of things to update on those two operating systems rather than showing a checkbox that it has to be updated. When I only had to exclude Win8 it worked fine, but I'm unsure how to exclude both. I tried putting an or condition in parenthesis, but it didn't work.

Edited by aaronpriest

• 4 weeks later...

Two command lines?

I'm trying to follow... wouldn't that mean one would always show up in the other OS since I'm trying to exclude just two? I might just set it to look for Win8.1 and remove the Win8 detection since I only have 1 computer I have to keep at Win8 for USB driver support for one device (8.1 changed something funky with USB drivers for some devices).

Hi,

If I get it correctly,when OSver = Win8, then 

getOSver()!="Win8" || getOSver()!="Win8.1"

is true, because False or True ==> True

I think you need to write

getOSver()!="Win8" && getOSver()!="Win8.1"

Regards.

Gilles