POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

Hey stragglers who won't leave even when the band and caterer are gone and there's nothing but empty bottles rolling around the floor --

What do you think about < THIS > ?

Will this excellent team of génies manqués start a new thread for Win 7?

Edited by glnz

30 minutes ago, glnz said:

Hey stragglers who won't leave even when the band and caterer are gone and there's nothing but empty bottles rolling around the floor --

What do you think about < THIS > ?

Will this excellent team of génies manqués start a new thread for Win 7?

Dude, I can't leave.  Even if it's just to come here for a monthly XP'ers reunion.  I'll be hanging on as long as possible.  I've made some good backups using macrium reflect that should keep me in business in a worst case scenario event.  Other than that, if there were a dang easy way we could incorporate our thread with a monthly dues to get those corporate updates they're still publishing I'd be doing the happy dance.

I Installed all April updates and fixed msi.dll registration problem...

And thus, the Fellowship of the Patch has ended it's journey. It was an honour to travel with you, guys, and break through all the barriers together. Now, it's time to lay my axe down...

:(

Those two old updates popped up again.

NdiCRdE.png

I've already installed them in the past, but the yellow shield just prompted me to them again.

I've tried to download the two KB and re-install them myself as well as letting the yellow shield do its thing and install them, but although it successfully completes the installation every time, it keeps popping back up at the next reboot.

What's your suggestion? Uninstalling them and re-installing them again?

I can't just hide them as they are marked as important...

EDIT: Never mind, I just managed to hide them.

Edited by FranceBB

Are they kernel updates?
If so, they may need to be installed with the /overwriteoem switch on your system, using the downloaded installation files.
They have to be on one of my systems or they keep coming back as they haven't actually installed properly.
Not sure why they would have come back if you had them installed before though.
:dubbio:

1 hour ago, FranceBB said:

Those two old updates popped up again.

NdiCRdE.png

Both updates for the kernel, KB446103 (ntfs.sys v5.1.2600.7581, ntkrnlmp.exe v5.1.2600.7581, ntkrnlpa.exe v5.1.2600.7581, ntkrpamp.exe v5.1.2600.7581, ntoskrnl v5.1.2600.7581), and KB4486463 (ntkrpamp.exe v5.1.2600.7649). The error 0x80072EE7 also occurs again on WU / MU in Internet Explorer (currently only temporary).

:)

Edited by heinoganda

On 4/29/2019 at 12:24 PM, GH0st said:

I think there is still more problems with kb4494528

I have just done two fresh install, trying to resolve a problem. WinXP Pro (sp0) --> uSP4 --> GH0stPak_26Apr19

Error I get while trying to install Printer driver (Canon Pixma TS3122) is ...

" SHGetKnownFolderPath could not be located in Dynamic link library SHELL32.dll "

Recent/previouse installs worked just prior to kb4494528, so this is why I suspect this. Wondering if we have seen this error yet regarding recent and a possible fix?

OK, found the problem ... was seated behind the keyboard. I was trying to install a driver which was for W7 or newer, which is why the installer was making a call for a newer SHELL32 (v6). The site showed it was good for WinXP ... but ...

Working further, I found a way to get it to work, thru their driver section ... just was not easy at all! and NOT clearly marked!!

So there was no tie between this problem and kb4494528 ... thanks to all who were willing to participate in finding the cure!

Dumb question - do we know for sure there will be no more updates for the 2007 Compatibility Pack for Office 2003 (which is running on my wife's SOHO Win 7 Pro 64-bit machine)?  Will it help if I use duct tape? 

Bersaglio?

Just FYI - for the sake of manageability, posts related to shutting down windows update servers were moved to: https://msfn.org/board/topic/178377-on-decommissioning-of-update-servers-for-2000-xp-and-vista-as-of-july-2019/

Hope it seems reasonable for all of you - for me, nearly 200 pages long thread is already a bit too big and it's hard to find some historical info in here :)