POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

44 minutes ago, heinoganda said:

Hey Den, do not fall asleep! I dare hardly write it, do not forget the MSI 4.5:yes:

:)

Of course! :yes:

On 2/18/2017 at 1:36 AM, dencorso said:

@cc333:
Before you install POSReady Updates, IMO you should download from the links I'm giving here and install the following updates:

then, with automatic updates disabled, access WU and search for updates using the "Custom" option... and when the list appears, do hide both KB905474 (the WGA Notifications - not needed at all) and KB2934207 (XP EoS Nag).

In case KB905474 is already installed, there is no harm to it, but do hide KB2934207, in any case!

1 hour ago, dencorso said:

In case KB905474 is already installed, there is no harm to it

How to uninstall this KB or prevented with an entry in the registry may I not write unfortunately! :yes:

you can uninstall a kb , you have to goto C:\WINDOWS there will be something like this C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB4012598$

go into the folder spuninst and double click the file

Do NOT remove under Any circumstance the $hf_mig$ folder/file

2 hours ago, DrWho3000 said:

you can uninstall a kb , you have to goto C:\WINDOWS there will be something like this C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB4012598$

This nonsense should not be done! This should be a well-founded knowledge of which older files are restored, in the present situation would open the SMB gap again!
It is about KB905474, then try to find "C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB905474$"!

:no:

Edited by heinoganda

3 hours ago, DrWho3000 said:

Do NOT remove under Any circumstance the $hf_mig$ folder/file

I think it is safe to remove everything inside that folder. I think the files in that folder were created in case of another service pack SP4.

It's been a while since no new updates have been creating it's folder inside $hf_mig$

I may have posted this before, but haven't got any response. My problem is that when I go to the Security Center check for updates, I get the msg Your Browser is Out-Of-Date.

I am running XPSp4, the IE8 is version 8.9.6001.18702, update version 0;3283

Anything I can do to fix it?

Hello,

Although I wasn't affected by the spread of the WannaCry ransomware, I checked if there was a way to extend support for XP, and added the PosReady key.

After reading more about this hack, I'm having second thoughts, and would rather remove it.

Problem is, even though my user account is Computer Administrator by default, no matter what I try, XP won't let me delete those keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\PosReady]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\WEPOS]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\WES]

I did follow the instructions to take ownership of this key and sub-keys, all to no avail.

When booting with "ERD Commander 2005 for XP", it says "System Root = (None), Operating System = None - Do not attach to a Windows installation."

Finally, the PCRegedit.iso mentionned in the sticky post of this thread can no longer be found here (but remains accessible here).

What could I try to get rid of those keys?

Thank you.

@Roffen

The following Web links run in Internet Explorer for Windows Update or Microsoft Update

Følgende Web-koblinger som kjører i Internet Explorer for Windows Update eller Microsoft Update

for Windows Update	http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate
for Microsoft Update	http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate

Do not use a different web browser for these links!

wuied0ms5yruc8.jpg

@Roffen

Would be very happy because of feedback, otherwise I do not know how I can still help you.

:(

Edited by heinoganda

@Winfried

51 minutes ago, Winfried said:

After reading more about this hack, I'm having second thoughts, and would rather remove it.

It is written about this POSReady hack very much stupid, even I applied the updates for POSReady 2009 since May 2014.

51 minutes ago, Winfried said:

Problem is, even though my user account is Computer Administrator by default, no matter what I try, XP won't let me delete those keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\PosReady]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\WEPOS]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\WES]

It is only the first entry is required, the other lead to failure!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\POSReady]
"Installed"=dword:00000001

To remove the keys, Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 also works where a registry editor is included.
Furthermore, at least MSI (Windows Installer) 4.5 should be installed before POSReady updates are installed.

On 14.5.2017 at 10:03 PM, dencorso said:

Before you install POSReady Updates, IMO you should download from the links I'm giving here and install the following updates:

then, with automatic updates disabled, access WU and search for updates using the "Custom" option... and when the list appears, do hide both KB905474 (the WGA Notifications - not needed at all) and KB2934207 (XP EoS Nag).

Your language version of Windows XP would interest me!

Edited by heinoganda

46 minutes ago, heinoganda said:

To remove the keys, Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 also works where a registry editor is included.

Vielen Dank! I deleted the whole \WPA section, and it rebooted fine. Windows did recreate \WPA\Key-bla and \WPA\SigningHash-blah, though.

Your language version of Windows XP would interest me!

It's the US English version.

Edited by Winfried

Just curious is it ok and safe to update the Msi / Windows Installer, I have version 3.01 on a XP Pro Sp3 PC to the version 4.5

I have applied the PosReady2009  registry hack, but see no updates come thru

14 minutes ago, DrWho3000 said:

Just curious is it ok and safe to update the Msi / Windows Installer, I have version 3.01 on a XP Pro Sp3 PC to the version 4.5

It must be updated, downloaded and installed manually.
The Windows Installer 4.5 (MSI) is not offered via Automatic Updates, Windows Update or Microsoft Update!

Info WU/MU:

for Windows Update	http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate
for Microsoft Update	http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate

with Internet Explorer!

Edited by heinoganda

Do I search manually for XP SP3 &/or PosReady2009 updates or have the Automatic Updates turned on, as currently it is turned off, I did have it turned on but nothing came through

or is it all manually

when i opened Secruity centre and clicked checked for updates it opened IE and went to

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

must be the old address

I had to modify the address to http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=xp+sp3

to get it to search