POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

Visit the Microsoft Update Catalog and search for KB3184122 using the following link in Internet Explorer:

https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB3184122

Click the Products column header twice and Add the "Windows XP Embedded" security update.  Click "view basket," then Download.

Edited by 5eraph

10 hours ago, glnz said:

How can I get KB3184122 manually?

http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2016/08/windowsxp-kb3184122-x86-embedded-enu_75fe434f0ea6ac327dff8dd0fc3d361e7390e3c7.exe

Also, there will be no more Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830) for Windows XP. Latest XP-compatible version of KB890830 is 5.39 from August 2016.

@glnz by the way, we are aware that, while Windows Updates is installing updates, Avast may prevent it from installing them. This is because of the detection engine in the PUP (potentially unwanted programs) which fails to detect and label as safe certain programs, telling avast to block them instead. This is one of the main reason why PUP it's probably gonna be disabled by default in the next release, even though you'll still be able to turn it on manually (not sure, still has TBD).

Edited by FranceBB

5eraph, Bersaglio and FranceBB - Many thanks.  All installed.  Belarc Advisor says so. 

But what shall we do about the end of mrt.exe?  Isn't that another chink in our old, dented, squeaking armor?  Stuxnet, here we come (keeping our dishwasher on the Extra Rinse cycle forever)!

FranceBB -- may I call you Frank? -- are you an Avast person?  If so, many thanks for good free product.  Please keep it XP-usable.

Feel free to call me Frank, as my name is "Francesco" which turned in "Francisco" when I moved to the States in 2013 xD (I then moved to the UK 'cause I didn't manage to get a Green Card; long story).

Anyway, I'm a beta tester and I collaborate with the team since 2014 in finding bug, reporting false positive etc, but I'm not an avast developer nor I work for them. ;)

Edited by FranceBB

I don't have office installed, but I didn't get Visual Studio updates as well, even though I think it's normal. May I suggest you to install CodeBlock as IDE and minGW as C and C++ compiler (GCC)? Visual Studio 2010 is getting older and older. Right now, both C# and C++ compilers are too old and are missing some important features. I'm totally happy with GCC and CodeBlock with XP for C++ programs.

It's really bizarre how they keep releasing these timezone fixes outside the regular patch schedule. This one for example was built on August 19 and it's not as though they'd need a huge amount of testing for something like this, so beats me why it'd miss September Patch Tuesday.

Edited by mixit