Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


glnz

POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

Recommended Posts

Microsoft Update found all 8.  They installed smoothly.  I'm cherishing these last few Tuesdays as much as I can.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, SD73 said:

Microsoft Update found all 8.  They installed smoothly.  I'm cherishing these last few Tuesdays as much as I can.  

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire

CPU warming when you are cold...

Windows Update running with the shield

and localised updates even for the Eskimos...

Everybody knows, .NET Framework and a few patch more

help to make the season bright.

Tiny patches, with their green check-marks all aglow

will be deployed within tonight"

 

 

(I just got into Christmas Mode xD)

Edited by FranceBB
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FranceBB said:

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire

CPU warming when you are cold...

Windows Update running with the shield

and localised updates even for the Eskimos...

Everybody knows, .NET Framework and a few patch more

help to make the season bright.

Tiny patches, with their green check-marks all aglow

will be deployed within tonight"

 

 

(I just got into Christmas Mode xD)

That brings a tear to my eye.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 
Looks like I'm not the only nut case here.

Happy Holidays!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, glnz said:

 
Looks like I'm not the only nut case here.

Happy Holidays!

Happy holidays to you and everyone! (and xp too;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, someguy25 said:

Happy holidays to you and everyone! (and xp too;)

Happy Holidays indeed.

Enjoy this graphic from a Windows XP Winter FunPack:

Happy%20Holidays.jpg

 


 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, I slacked off updating my ThinkPad T60 earlier this year, but now that the gong show is getting behind us, I ran Microsoft Update. No big issues checking, It found 64 updates, including 2 new "optional" ones and several for office 2010. Installing them all as I write this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All updates installed correctly, with no issues. :thumbup

Good times, man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All good here as well, thank you! Even though I hardly use IE8, guess its good to keep it updated since its pretty well woven into the OS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need help.Everytime i run Microsoft Update  it slows down my pc sooooooo badly that i cant use it.Any help?:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

someguy25 - suggest the following:

From here in this forum thread, go backwards until you find Bersaglio's list of links of manual downloads of this month's updates.  Manually download and install only the link for the update to Internet Explorer 8.  Reboot and then see if you're OK.  If still not OK, manually download and install only the link(s) for update(s) to Office 2007 Compatibility Pack.  Reboot again.

Then wait for yellow shield, which should update you nicely without your CPU running at 50% or 100% (or you could manually install ALL of Bersaglio's links).

Edited by glnz
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, glnz said:

someguy25 - suggest the following:

From here in this forum thread, go backwards until you find Bersaglio's list of links of manual downloads of this month's updates.  Manually download and install only the link for the update to Internet Explorer 8.  Reboot and then see if you're OK.  If still not OK, manually download and install only the link(s) for update(s) to Office 2007 Compatibility Pack.  Reboot again.

Then wait for yellow shield, which should update you nicely without your CPU running at 50% or 100% (or you could manually install ALL of Bersaglio's links).

Yes! It fixed my problem!!! :) Thank you very much :)))))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New very critical cumulative security update for IE8 has been released today, direct link to English version

http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2018/12/ie8-windowsxp-kb4483187-x86-embedded-enu_329e01b239e9b70a6cc1a0c1bd337425d38c655d.exe

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering why I received an update today, but I thought it was something that failed to install for some reason or popped up twice; instead, it was an important security update about Internet Explorer. It's good to know that in case something major pops up, M$ releases the update before the next scheduled patch Tuesday.

Sadly, though, there aren't many patch Tuesday left for us... :'(

Edited by FranceBB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it's important if you actually use IE8 these days.... :unsure:

Edit: Looks like the vulnerability exploits Javascript in IE8

Edited by Mathwiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×