POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

57 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Have you tried to check if Windows Update MiniTool is working and then solves your problem?

http://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_update_minitool.html

WUMT has already been discussed at length in the “decommissioning” thread beginning here and rambling on for several pages. The version at your Major Geeks link reportedly isn’t old enough. Even with the right version and cab file, some say it works (at least following a clean install), while others say it doesn’t work...

Edit: See this post regarding WUMT version that might work.

Edited by Vistapocalypse

16 hours ago, cc333 said:

I wonder if someone can hack the WU client and add some sort of SHA-2 support?

How do you want to do it? You can't change any WU client file - they must have valid digital signatures.

18 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

IDK what changes were made on Sep 1, but posted that link in decommissioning thread July 31 and believe it was already a month old then.

The last (third) screenshot is new, see the date 8/3/2020 (August 3).

Once again, it looks like you're going to have to work your magic, @win32 :

DST changes in Windows for Yukon, Canada: September 8, 2020

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4566371/dst-changes-in-windows-for-yukon-canada

The relevant details:

On the occasion of the end of daylight saving time (DST) on November 1, 2020, Yukon is making the following changes:

Yukon will not adjust its clock on November 1, 2020 to move back by an hour and will continue to remain on local time.

Yukon customers will now move to a new time zone "(UTC-07:00) Yukon" through this Windows Update on Sunday, November 1, 2020, at 02:00.

Microsoft made sure they didn't mention this update applies to Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 this time either.

Edited by XPHomeSP3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I apparently missed this announcement, but if you're once again so inclined, @win32 :

DST Correction in Windows for the Fiji Islands: October 13, 2020

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4578623/dst-correction-for-fiji-islands

Details:

This update makes a daylight saving time (DST) end date correction in Windows for the Fiji Islands whereby at the end of daylight saving time (DST), the Fiji Islands will return to Fiji Standard Time on Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 03:00. (The current erroneous DST end date for the Fiji Islands is Saturday, January 10, 2021 at 03:00.)

Edited by XPHomeSP3

On 11/3/2020 at 2:56 PM, XPHomeSP3 said:

As always, a big thanks to you @win32 for both your efforts and quick turnaround time as they are much appreciated.  :thumbup  

Yep! Thank you, for those updates! I mean, I'm probably never gonna use them anyway, but it's nice to have XP updated. :D

Here is a correction that was incorporated into today's Patch Tuesday updates for those versions of Windows which are still receiving support:

As a result of the October 8, 2020 order from the Fijian Government, Daylight Saving Time (DST) in the Republic of Fiji will begin at 02:00 on December 20, 2020 instead of November 8, 2020.

Since I presume those who are currently paying for MS Premier Support for Windows XP would have also received this correction in their November 2020 update(s), I am kindly requesting that @win32 (if you don't mind, of course) please incorporate this into your custom DST .reg file at your earliest convenience.

After all, we don't want the cash registers at our chain of supermarkets in Fiji to go haywire, eh?

Edited by XPHomeSP3