POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

15 hours ago, Mcinwwl said:

Actually, pretty much expected, but thanks for detective work done to confirm it.

First, Microsoft is big corpo enough to do not care for as long as sales charts are ok. And who's the biggest corpo now? ;)

Why the Casablancan Supermarket chain, of course.  Who else could it possibly be?  :D

And you're most welcome.  My pleasure.

• 2 weeks later...

StructuredQuery.dll doesnt exists in XP how 0patch fix CVE-2020-0729 when it doesnt exists in XP.

anyone know hotfix repacking ?

Edited by Dibya

Just for info: @Dibya (a developer from our group) just patched the security vulnerability CVE2020-0674 by backporting the fix from newer Windows.

@dencorso I assume we can only post it on RyanVM, right? Or can we post the patch here? 'cause if we can we're gonna post a link.

On 4/24/2020 at 10:09 PM, win32 said:

Unfortunately I haven't been able to finish my hotfix, as I can't find the MSCF.sfx needed to finish it and I'm having issues trying to get it to install on a Windows 2000 system (no XP x86 for me). So, instead of making something with unredistributable M$ files, I just consolidated the changes into one reg file that works not only on XP, but all NT 5.x OSes (a little tweaking will bring it to 9x). I just applied it and it works - now Morocco is at UTC +1 and in Standard Time. The tzchange.dll and exe seem to be unnecessary bloat.

https://mega.nz/file/B8MHwCrY#NJ9h0hroSch6eS6MhebpY7oGKIrx3OtzcWuPcoui-9U

I'm sure you saw this already but, if you're so inclined, it looks like you're going to have to work your magic again, @win32  :

DST changes in Windows for Morocco: May 2020

In a nutshell:

On the occasion of the holy month of Ramadan, the Kingdom of Morocco will observe the following daylight saving time (DST) changes:

Morocco will return to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on Sunday, April 19, 2020, at 03:00.

After the month of Ramadan, clocks will be set forward one hour (to GMT+1) on Sunday, May 31, 2020, at 02:00. 

Microsoft made sure they didn't mention this update applies to Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 this time.  :no:

24 minutes ago, XPHomeSP3 said:

I'm sure you saw this already but, if you're so inclined, it looks like you're going to have to work your magic again, @win32  :

DST changes in Windows for Morocco: May 2020

In a nutshell:

On the occasion of the holy month of Ramadan, the Kingdom of Morocco will observe the following daylight saving time (DST) changes:

Morocco will return to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on Sunday, April 19, 2020, at 03:00.

After the month of Ramadan, clocks will be set forward one hour (to GMT+1) on Sunday, May 31, 2020, at 02:00. 

Microsoft made sure they didn't mention this update applies to Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 this time.  :no:

https://mega.nz/file/510F0D5C#IA6TYIdyzURFlAZfGsU4XX1Q3cCyi70rfGEYe4KQlC8

OK, this one was simply taking the reg entry from Windows 10 (and removing the MUI references) since I still need to establish how the hex translates to time change date/times but it works.

Edited by win32

2 hours ago, win32 said:

OK, this one was simply taking the reg entry from Windows 10 (and removing the MUI references) since I still need to establish how the hex translates to time change date/times but it works.

Well done, @win32 !

Can you imagine if Microsoft was this responsive to their users’ requests?

15 hours ago, win32 said:

What about the KB4507704 entry below, was it removed from the the KB4557900?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\Morocco Standard Time]
"MapID"="1,66"

3 hours ago, Outbreaker said:

What about the KB4507704 entry below, was it removed from the the KB4557900?

I did omit it, since it wasn't present in the Windows 10 reg entry (since it has no map interface for time zones, I think that's why it doesn't have it; but many XP time zone entires don't have it either) but it would have been preserved on any NT 5.x install that had KB4507704 or previous Morocco time zone information.

Edited by win32

On 5/18/2020 at 12:27 AM, FranceBB said:

Just for info: @Dibya (a developer from our group) just patched the security vulnerability CVE2020-0674 by backporting the fix from newer Windows.

@dencorso I assume we can only post it on RyanVM, right? Or can we post the patch here? 'cause if we can we're gonna post a link.

Interesting.

Hi guys, I joined this great forum recently, I read only the 1st page of this topic and looked briefly through the last page, I think I found all update files needed to enable POSReady 2009 updates, but I am not sure yet so I wanted to ask you guys about it.

I made a short summary of the file names:

1. WindowsXP-KB892130-ENU-x86.exe

2. WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-ENU.exe

3. WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe

4. WindowsXP-KB2898785-x86-ENU.exe

5. WindowsUpdateAgent-7.6-x86.exe

6. IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.exe

-

7. WindowsXP-KB2878379-v2-x86-ENU.exe

-

8. WindowsXP-KB948101-v3-x86-ENU.exe

9. WindowsXP-KB2828030-x86-ENU.exe

10. WindowsXP-KB959765-x86-ENU.exe

11. WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-ENU.exe

-

12. HotPatch to show XP computers on Vista - WindowsXP-KB922120-v6-x86-ENU.exe

-

13. WindowsXP-KB951126-x86-ENU.exe

-

14. WindowsXP-KB958244-x86-ENU.exe

-

15. POSReady.reg

-----

NDP20SP2-KB2932079-x86.exe     - Is this update really needed? Or it can be downloaded automatically after POSReady 2009 is enabled?

Am I missing some file or I need to remove some file from the list?

All files are signed: Microsoft Corporation, only WindowsUpdateAgent-7.6-x86.exe is signed: Microsoft Update, is that normal?

Should I apply the Registry tweak at the end, after I install all 14 updates? Or at the start, before I install any updates?

If it’s OK and not against the rules - I could pack all files in 1 RAR file and upload it so it can be easier for everyone. Where would be best to upload it?