POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

On 1/16/2020 at 8:41 PM, sonicenforce said:

Non merci j'ai deja windows xp installé et si c'est un service pack non officiel cela ne m'intéresse pas,je prèfére les chose plus officiel.

tampis pour toi, t' aimes pas le SP4 d' un site serieux et ensuite tu prends un pack russe.... bref

• 1 month later...

Opens door.)  Hey!  Wow, dark and smelly - they fire the cleaning lady?

Hey!  Is anyone home?

Let's see if anyone's in the kitchen.

Damn - can't see anything.

OW!  MY TOE!  (Hopping.)  What was that?  I'll get ptomaine poisoning.  I mean tetanus.

Well, I'll just leave a message:

From today's AskWoody:

<redacted>

Edited by dencorso
Rule #1 rings any bells?

OT (or on topic, because of what I've seen ): Bruh.

FIRST: Can I request for updates from external sources? If yes:

Is there a way to download POSReady updates in Turkish language? (If someone archived them)

(Don't answer here, because that may not be approved)

If no:

Edit this message and remove the part after the first question.

I thought of manually getting them from the Microsoft Update Catalog, but it appears that they have removed some updates (no more download links for KB4487990, for instance).

1 hour ago, win32 said:

I thought of manually getting them from the Microsoft Update Catalog, but it appears that they have removed some updates (no more download links for KB4487990, for instance).

What do you mean there are no download links for that update. They appear for me fine and you're still able to download it:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=kb4487990

image.png.4535bd3b4fd7581ea2ad0bf35b1ec13e.png

I've noticed however that generally the download link might not appear on that pop-up when you click the download button. You have to reopen it until the download link appears.

Also a second recommendation is to use the Googlebot useragent to have all download links for updates appeared, not only the one from the locale used that it detects based on the useragent:

image.png.0f29f8c1a963c9b5b51bab6c017a21e3.png

Edited by IntMD

OK, the download page appears initially with no links but all links appear after reloading the download page.

My user agent locale is en-US. For some updates, all updates do appear immediately though.

On 3/21/2020 at 9:40 AM, win32 said:

OK, the download page appears initially with no links but all links appear after reloading the download page.

My user agent locale is en-US. For some updates, all updates do appear immediately though.

post a screenshot of the problem so many of us can believe you

it could be just a glitch with the MS update catalog server - like IntMD was saying the download links for KB4487990 showed up (at least for me when I use a wired ethernet/LAN connection; but when I use a wireless/WLAN/Wifi connection, I few times encounter the problem you are having and have to reload the download page for it)

Edited by erpdude8

2 hours ago, erpdude8 said:

post a screenshot of the problem so many of us can believe you

updates.PNG.1d16eb594d5bfed65794c45ccc358b72.PNG

This happens both on wired and wireless LAN connections. 

I don't know why they introduced this "feature". Were people who know enough to use this thing somehow getting confused by all the language variations?

Edited by win32

4 hours ago, win32 said:

This happens both on wired and wireless LAN connections.

What User-Agent is set in your Serpent browser?

For me Firefox 52 in XP works with adblock turned off and User-Agent for Windows 7:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0

Edited by Usher

Mine is

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:68.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/4.5 Firefox/68.9 Basilisk/52.9.0

although it appears that it is too "advanced".

Yours worked and provided me immediately with the link to the English update. Thank you.