POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

On 7/4/2019 at 11:13 AM, 3dreal said:

its seems new threads are monitored. i dont see Rare Winxp-Patch now.

... and what, may I ask, is this:

@dencorso: This is all over the place:

1. In its own thread, linked to above:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/179433-rare-winxp-patch-most-important/

2. In the @roytam1's browsers thread:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my-build-of-new-moon-temp-name-aka-pale-moon-fork-targetting-xp/?do=findComment&comment=1167128

3. In the POSReady 2009 updates thread (the most suited place for it, IMHO...):

https://msfn.org/board/topic/171814-posready-2009-updates-ported-to-windows-xp-sp3-enu/?do=findComment&comment=1167126

You are free to leave things as are ;), but I humbly think some housekeeping is in order! (... and I don't mean to belittle poster's efforts in the slightest, just don't like things scattered everywhere; probably an OCD of mine... :lol:).

Edited by VistaLover

5 hours ago, VistaLover said:

This is all over the place:

1. In its own thread, linked to above:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/179433-rare-winxp-patch-most-important/

Now locked.

Removed.

3. In the POSReady 2009 updates thread (the most suited place for it, IMHO...):

https://msfn.org/board/topic/171814-posready-2009-updates-ported-to-windows-xp-sp3-enu/?do=findComment&comment=1167126

Kept (to help keep growing this already hyperginormous thread, of course!)... and because it's the right place...
despite being yestermonth's (and some days) news. :P

On 5/15/2019 at 12:04 AM, sparty411 said:

I think it's a testament to what a great OS XP is. They're pushing updates, because people are still using it. An operating system from 2001 still has a market share of roughly 1.6%, is that not crazy?

They want to believe us its only 1.6% to push as much as of the remaining XP-users towards W10. kicked them in the .....in their forum complained blocking an important xp-update which a university had saved. of course they deleted since its not in the rules to tell the truth when done too rude....e.g. there is a win7-update(march i think) which must absolutely be executed otherwise one will be blocked from the remaining updates. in german we call this erpressung-gängelung. and in febr.(i think the activation-suppression which they had to reactivate). all a big shame on MS!

On 5/9/2019 at 4:18 PM, wyxchari said:

Has anyone tried this program to save all their updates automatically? http://www.portableupdate.com

Winfuture dot de has Updatepacks/Rollups. The latest one for Winxp is from 2014 but (BEWARE)only compatible to german version.
Win7 and NEWER are compatible also for english versions.
There is a seperate Netframework-Fix(not for winxp).
sorry german only but it should be clear.
there is a fullversion and monthlies. so one will start with full and will not forget to update monthly. otherwise one must ask for older partly(monthly updates) in the forum.
Not for Winxp english(One one Rollup from may 2014 maybe called SP4.

Edited by 3dreal

On 5/20/2019 at 11:40 AM, Spacedust said:

Anyone noticed Microsoft Security Essentials stopped updating on 22th April on XP with PosReady 2009 mod?

Even manual updating doesn't work. Updates are downloaded but not installed.

I have clamwin, the only working AV on my SSE-PC.  It will falsely detect TFC as threat. will inform them. there is a clamwin-sentinel-a guard which is detecting too much/false-positives(can be whitelisted afterwards) but i am lazy so i dont install it again.

On 7/8/2019 at 6:54 AM, 3dreal said:

sometimes i have now on NON POSREADY 2009-HDD also explorer-crash but everything ok afterwards.

If I were you would worry about the hardware or unwanted software!

On 7/8/2019 at 7:18 AM, 3dreal said:

i would remove net framework assistant 0.0.0. google

CAN BE DELETED HAS BEEN DISCUSSED HERE EARLIER.

For this I have published an uninstaller, which you apparently did not register!

https://msfn.org/board/topic/171814-posready-2009-updates-ported-to-windows-xp-sp3-enu/?do=findComment&comment=1163724

On 7/8/2019 at 7:30 AM, 3dreal said:

I am using FEBE which has an ignore list. use febe for palemoon 27.
FEBE
http://softwarebychuck.com/febe/
for Firefox 45ESR Nightly 45.9.15
=Febe 8.9.2
Palemoon 27=Febe 10.0 -10.3
Febe is saving Passwords, Extension aka Addons, Plugins etc. Very effective. there is a forum. cannot live without. I am using FEBE 10.3.
Since we have special situation with Palemoon/Newmoon i am installing addons(not so much are still working) now from files not the simpler FEBE-way.

What does this have to do with the topic "POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU"?

On 7/8/2019 at 8:23 AM, 3dreal said:
On 5/9/2019 at 11:18 AM, wyxchari said:

Has anyone tried this program to save all their updates automatically? http://www.portableupdate.com

Winfuture dot de has Updatepacks/Rollups. The latest one for Winxp is from 2014 but (BEWARE)only compatible to german version.
Win7 and NEWER are compatible also for english versions.
There is a seperate Netframework-Fix(not for winxp).
sorry german only but it should be clear.
there is a fullversion and monthlies. so one will start with full and will not forget to update monthly. otherwise one must ask for older partly(monthly updates) in the forum.
Not for Winxp english(One one Rollup from may 2014 maybe called SP4.

Basically, I do not care how a user updates his system, because I create my own update rollups and I also know the content! (Sometimes all updates for Windows XP sp3 are installed in 3-4 minutes)

On 7/8/2019 at 8:49 AM, 3dreal said:
On 5/16/2019 at 3:40 PM, Wunderbar98 said:

New patch includes XP, came across today, source:

https://www.wired.com/story/microsoft-windows-xp-patch-very-bad-sign/

Don't forget to disable remote desktop, all my WindowsXP systems are already offline.

or another panicking aka false alarm to push people into the win10-boat.

Here I ask myself what there is still to discuss, because it was offered from the linked comment! https://msfn.org/board/topic/171814-posready-2009-updates-ported-to-windows-xp-sp3-enu/?do=findComment&comment=1164171

On 7/8/2019 at 8:59 AM, 3dreal said:
On 5/20/2019 at 6:40 AM, Spacedust said:

Anyone noticed Microsoft Security Essentials stopped updating on 22th April on XP with PosReady 2009 mod?

Even manual updating doesn't work. Updates are downloaded but not installed.

I have clamwin, the only working AV on my SSE-PC.  It will falsely detect TFC as threat. will inform them. there is a clamwin-sentinel-a guard which is detecting too much/false-positives(can be whitelisted afterwards) but i am lazy so i dont install it again.

Firstly, there is a separate topic where the definition updates for MSE were treated and on the other hand, if you like clamwin and you recommend it is the one, but it is not fun if a whole forum is spoiled with it!

Lastly, you do not make friends in this forum with your crospostings!

:thumbdown

Every time I see this topic active with someone that replies, I quickly open it 'cause I keep thinking that someone will find the KB numbers of post-EoS updates and will post the names here so that we can download them... :(

Will this ever happen, at this point, I wonder...?

15k per year might be less than what the Navy spends on toilet paper and just a few bucks for governments and companies, but it's way more than what I'm willing to spend to keep my XP updated, so... c'mon people, we're still waiting for a "hero"...

(Out of curiosity, if Microsoft was willing to put past EoS updates available for private users as well for something reasonable like 100 bucks per year, I would have happily bought it and I think many other people would have done the same).

Edited by FranceBB

2 hours ago, FranceBB said:

Every time I see this topic active with someone that replies, I quickly open it 'cause I keep thinking that someone will find the KB numbers of post-EoS updates and will post the names here so that we can download them... :(

Will this ever happen, at this point, I wonder...?

I also researched this Tuesday for updates, but unfortunately without result. :no:

:)

Thank you everyone for the help.

On 6/30/2019 at 11:12 PM, roytam1 said:

users using single-language localized versions may need to fix this by yourself:

- download KB4493563 and extract its contents
- open SP3QFE\ntdll.dll with resource hacker
- navigate to first item inside "Message Table" folder
- copy all the text to an editor that has block-copy function (for example, EmEditor)
- block copy right column text starting from 0x8020000B line to 0xC0150012 line
- block paste right column text starting from 0xC0000001 line to 0xC0150013 line
- copy right column text from 0xC020000C line to 0x8020000B line
- navigate to first item inside "Version Info" folder
- replace all 7682 with 7683
- save it

then you will need a way to replace the ntdll.dll that your system is using, either using windows pe or hacking update.exe for that.

for the hacking update.exe method, you can grab blackwingcat's update.exe from "WindowsLU" package and replace update\update.exe so you can edit update_SP3QFE.inf freely. and how I change my INF:

- rename KB4493563.CAT to KB4493563-v2.CAT
- open update_SP3QFE.inf with text editor
- adding "-v2" after KB****** to both SP_SHORT_TITLE and SP_TITLE

then run update.exe and let updater do the job for you.

What program do you use to modify this file?  Can something similar be done with KB4494528 so I don't have to remember that I need to run " regsvr32 MSI.DLL" 10 years from now?

What are some good simple options automate everything in this thread so that 10 years down the line, when I need to reinstall XP, I remember all this stuff?

1 hour ago, medowe said:

Thank you everyone for the help.

What program do you use to modify this file?  Can something similar be done with KB4494528 so I don't have to remember that I need to run " regsvr32 MSI.DLL" 10 years from now?

What are some good simple options automate everything in this thread so that 10 years down the line, when I need to reinstall XP, I remember all this stuff?

you need to do this manually with "Resource Hacker" and an text editor that has block-copy function (for example, EmEditor)

49 minutes ago, Mike86 said:

Dose anyone have a list of the POSReady updates that require SSE2?

KB4034775, KB4343674, KB4458000, KB4458006, KB4462987, KB4463573, KB4473077, KB4487085-v2, KB4487385, KB4489977, KB4490385, KB4493793, KB4493794, KB4493795, KB4493796, KB4493797, KB4494528, KB4495022.

• 2 weeks later...

I have randomly freezes of the system short time after startup and a first connect to the network.

Often after I used the power switch to shut down, very few times when I used the soft shut down.

So I am looking for the older Fix kb2963522 with file Netman.dll version 5.1.2600.6557 in German (if it is language dependent).

Can somebody help?