POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

So you uninstalled version 0.0.0 of the add-on, and were then offered version 1.0?
If so, I will try that, as version 0.0.0 is ancient, and I might as well grab a later version while it's still available!
:yes:

I guess so, as I was taken full circle back to where I started, with the .net framework assistant still listed/disabled in my add-ons.  I had assumed the add-on would be removed by this procedure.  One more step was needed:

“Go to C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Windows Presentation Foundation\DotNetAssistantExtension and delete everything in that folder but keep the folder name…Start Firefox. The add-on should not be in the list anymore.”

https://www.ghacks.net/2009/02/09/remove-microsoft-net-framework-assistant-from-firefox/

So now I am rid of it.

1 hour ago, heinoganda said:

Because of .NET Framework 3.5 Assistant add-on for Firefox (KB963707) I have a suitable uninstaller where the update KB963707 is no longer available in WU / MU.

Download:
here

:)

Thank you, when I turned on my computer this morning the yellow shield appeared, offering that update again.  I ran your uninstaller and rebooted, and now the offer is gone.  :thumbup

Speaking of .NET Framework, Microsoft is gonna release the new .NET Framework 5.0 on November 2020. They can't wait to drop Windows 7 and do to it what they have done to XP, I guess...

On 5/7/2019 at 6:11 AM, FranceBB said:

the new .NET Framework 5.0 on November 2020. They can't wait to drop Windows 7

Microsoft will have "dropped" Win7 in mid-January 2020, so, of course, they would find no justification for a new .NET FW release, 10 months after Win7's EoS, to have backwards compatibility with OSes they wouldn't service at that time :angry:...  I'm just lazy to check, but I suspect .NET FW 5.0 to require Win8.1+... :(

19 minutes ago, dencorso said:

Then again, Windows Embedded POSReady 7 EoS is on October 12, 2021... :angel

Also 2023 when it comes to the extended ''paid'' updates for Professional and Enterprise. I hope that when they'll be released somebody might leak them, of course assuming that the update packages will not be tampered. (by verifying the signature/sum) ;) 

Edited by IntMD