POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

5 hours ago, SD73 said:

Ouch.  Sorry it doesn't do you much good Dave, but I'm happy to report Office 2003 seems to have survived the updates.

yeah, MSO update of Office2003 seems fine, but not compatibility pack update.

MSO.DLL (12.0.6807.5000) in KB4092465 links to bcrypt.dll which is not exist in XP. EDIT: this delayed-loading DLL seems to be harmless here.

MSO.DLL (11.0.8453.0) in KB4462154 seems working fine.

Edited by roytam1

Whoa!

For those who can still read me, which of the updates should I avoid?

I have plain old XP with Office 2003.  And I'd like to survive through April before moving to ... 7.

24 minutes ago, glnz said:

Whoa!

For those who can still read me, which of the updates should I avoid?

I have plain old XP with Office 2003.  And I'd like to survive through April before moving to ... 7.

you use win7 for a year and go win10 then?

roytam - I remain confident that dencorso, heinoganda, bersaglio and Dave-H will keep Win 7 going for at least 12½ years.

I still have a flip phone.

Edited by glnz

57 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

yeah, MSO update of Office2003 seems fine, but not compatibility pack update.

MSO.DLL (12.0.6807.5000) in KB4092465 links to bcrypt.dll which is not exist in XP.

MSO.DLL (11.0.8453.0) in KB4462154 seems working fine.

Unless people are seeing issues, in this case the delay-load linkage to brcypt.dll.as such shouldn't be a problem, even in the original Office 2007 Compatibility Pack SP3 (KB2526297) MSO.DLL (12.0.6607.1000) has it. I thought the same thing you did at first, but going back and checking earlier versions seems reassuring.

2 hours ago, mixit said:

Unless people are seeing issues, in this case the delay-load linkage to brcypt.dll.as such shouldn't be a problem, even in the original Office 2007 Compatibility Pack SP3 (KB2526297) MSO.DLL (12.0.6607.1000) has it. I thought the same thing you did at first, but going back and checking earlier versions seems reassuring.

alright you're right, it still works after updating here.

Something I forgot to ask the group yesterday.  When I went to the MU website to check for updates I got a security messages that prevented me from proceeding.  This is even after I manually installed the IE8 update first and ran the Roots Certificate batch file.  I ended up downloading the updates from another computer and loading them that way.  Were any of you able to use the MU through IE8?

13 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Yes, it worked fine for me as normal.
:yes:

Thanks, Dave.  I was thinking about investigating it...but why bother?  Only a few more months left of this to get through.

8 minutes ago, someguy25 said:

Right now,my issues with XP/Office 2010 have been solved by uninstalling crappy ~3 crappy updates. Everything is back to normal. Thanks to everyone who helped:)

Off-topic here of course, but my Office 2010 works fine now with just KB4462174 left uninstalled.
All the rest of the current Office 2010 updates seem to be OK.
:yes:

13 hours ago, SD73 said:

We're treading in largely uncharted waters, Jack.  We're using POS updates with plain Jane XP boxes...not for the faint of heart for sure.  I'm actually pretty surprised we've gotten as far as we have with as few issues we've experienced.  That's largely due to the talented crew we have here.  Have you tried a Last Known Good boot?  I'm betting it's your video driver conflicting with KB4487085.  If that doesn't work I'd try pulling your video card and let it boot without one.  If you have a spare card I'd try that next, otherwise I'd reinstall your original and hope for the best.

Dont most of these issues we’ve had affect POSready as well? From what i remember running it, they did. And yeah, I’ve tried last known config. And its a laptop, you can’t exacty take out the video card.

I’ve given up on this install, my new, faster hard drive is coming in a couple days, and then we’ll have take 2 when i reinstall onto it

Edited by i430VX

33 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Off-topic here of course, but my Office 2010 works fine now with just KB4462174 left uninstalled.
All the rest of the current Office 2010 updates seem to be OK.

Yes. I'd expect that. @mixit is right: delay-load linkages may not be a problem even when unsatisfied, because the software may have been written to test for presence before actually calling them. Dependency Walker cannot decide whether this is the case or not, but when the same unsatisfied delay-load linkage exsts in a previous version, known to cause no problems, then it's a safe bet it's no problem in a later version. So, checking a previous version fot it, when a suspect unsatisfied delay-load linkage exsts in a new update is the way to go, as he just demonstrated.

9 hours ago, roytam1 said:
11 hours ago, mixit said:

all right you're right, it still works after updating here.

20 minutes ago, i430VX said:

Dont most of these issues we’ve had affect POSready as well? From what i remember running it, they did. And yeah, I’ve tried last known config. And its a laptop, you can’t exacty take out the video card.

I’ve given up on this install, my new, faster hard drive is coming in a couple days, and then we’ll have take 2 when i reinstall onto it

Sorry, I missed that you were working on a laptop.  heinoganda, who is a rock star here had another solution for you to try too.   If it were me, I'd try his method before doing the hd swap, but of course it's your call.  Good luck!