POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

20 minutes ago, SD73 said:

Microsoft Update found all 8.  They installed smoothly.  I'm cherishing these last few Tuesdays as much as I can.  

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire

CPU warming when you are cold...

Windows Update running with the shield

and localised updates even for the Eskimos...

Everybody knows, .NET Framework and a few patch more

help to make the season bright.

Tiny patches, with their green check-marks all aglow

will be deployed within tonight"

(I just got into Christmas Mode xD)

Edited by FranceBB

3 minutes ago, FranceBB said:

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire

CPU warming when you are cold...

Windows Update running with the shield

and localised updates even for the Eskimos...

Everybody knows, .NET Framework and a few patch more

help to make the season bright.

Tiny patches, with their green check-marks all aglow

will be deployed within tonight"

(I just got into Christmas Mode xD)

That brings a tear to my eye.  

By the way, I slacked off updating my ThinkPad T60 earlier this year, but now that the gong show is getting behind us, I ran Microsoft Update. No big issues checking, It found 64 updates, including 2 new "optional" ones and several for office 2010. Installing them all as I write this.

someguy25 - suggest the following:

From here in this forum thread, go backwards until you find Bersaglio's list of links of manual downloads of this month's updates.  Manually download and install only the link for the update to Internet Explorer 8.  Reboot and then see if you're OK.  If still not OK, manually download and install only the link(s) for update(s) to Office 2007 Compatibility Pack.  Reboot again.

Then wait for yellow shield, which should update you nicely without your CPU running at 50% or 100% (or you could manually install ALL of Bersaglio's links).

Edited by glnz

19 minutes ago, glnz said:

someguy25 - suggest the following:

From here in this forum thread, go backwards until you find Bersaglio's list of links of manual downloads of this month's updates.  Manually download and install only the link for the update to Internet Explorer 8.  Reboot and then see if you're OK.  If still not OK, manually download and install only the link(s) for update(s) to Office 2007 Compatibility Pack.  Reboot again.

Then wait for yellow shield, which should update you nicely without your CPU running at 50% or 100% (or you could manually install ALL of Bersaglio's links).

Yes! It fixed my problem!!! :) Thank you very much :)))))

New very critical cumulative security update for IE8 has been released today, direct link to English version

http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2018/12/ie8-windowsxp-kb4483187-x86-embedded-enu_329e01b239e9b70a6cc1a0c1bd337425d38c655d.exe

I was wondering why I received an update today, but I thought it was something that failed to install for some reason or popped up twice; instead, it was an important security update about Internet Explorer. It's good to know that in case something major pops up, M$ releases the update before the next scheduled patch Tuesday.

Sadly, though, there aren't many patch Tuesday left for us... :'(

Edited by FranceBB