POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

31 minutes ago, glnz said:

And how come a smarty-pants "we know more than you" forum like MSFN lost all its posts between February 6 and yesterday?

Things just fall into the memory hole, sometimes. Life is like that. BTW, I've made a payment using Paypal the day before yesterday from FF esr 52.8.0 on XP. No error whatsoever. My UserAgent is "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0". Go figure!

@glnz

Type about:config in Your Firefox. Answer 'Yes'. Look for general.useragent.override string variable. Create it if it does not exist. Set the vaule of general.useragent.override to

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:62.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/62.0

Close the page and visit this PayPal crap again.

Bersaglio - great idea!  Just pretend to be FF 62!  But why stop there?  Why not say I'm FF 87 so I don't have to do this again?  Heck - is there a registry setting to make everyone think my XP machine is really Win 10 version 2376?

In which case, why not just throw the XP out the window and use my Win 10?  There must be an answer to this question, or we wouldn't be here any more.  But since it was posted here in April, we've all forgotten what it was.

@glnz

Disguise is our everything. Especially for XP users. If I remembered correctly, disguise was needed (for the first time) to play videos on the BBC website under Windows XP about a year ago.

Edited by Bersaglio

4 hours ago, Dibya said:

I am asking which hotfix bring this update .

Sorry please don't be 😇angry

I am asking  for link to Microsoft website. I think that never hurts.

It supposed to be coming with hot fix since 2k3 don't support nvme out of box.

Hi Dibya,

I do not know, where I fetched this nvme.sys file from.

I did an intensive search in December last year in Internet and have a lot of nvme.sys.

Today I installed Win 2003 R2 on harddisk. The driver nvme.sys installed there without any problem.

I connect a Toshiba nvme OCZ RD400, because I know, it fits with the universal nvme.sys driver

as  PCI\CC_010802.

But then comes a message, that nvme.sys driver does not start (39).

All looks nice in registry for the entry for this nvme.sys

and storport.sys has started, I can see in bootlog.txt. No other dependency.

I also changed storport.sys against the very last version for Win 2003, no difference.

Now I am out of ideas^^

have a nice evening

Dietmar

Hi all,

I did some more tests with nvme.sys for Win2003 from Microsoft in 2012.

nvme.sys is loaded and then direct  loads storport.sys as you can see with bootlog enable.

But still does not start, yellow questionmark in device manager.

setupapi.log shows:

Device not started: Device has problem: 0x0a: CM_PROB_FAILED_START.

Any idea,

Dietmar

21 hours ago, glnz said:

Got an email from PayPal that I need to update my browser.  On the PayPal website, it says:

I use Firefox everywhere, and, on my XP machine, it's ESR version 52.8.1 (32-bit).  If I use it to go to PayPal's indicated "sandbox site", Firefox gives me the error page for unsafe page.  So my XP's Firefox is unable to read whatever flavor of security PayPal is now using.

Do you think the new MS update for TLS 1.2 will help?  Or is that irrelevant to the issue? 

(And how come a smarty-pants "we know more than you" forum like MSFN lost all its posts between February 6 and yesterday?  Forgot to back up?  Or, in the spirit of XP forever, did someone just print them to a pdf?)

Just for verification ........ I just went to paypal and logged into my account with no problems.   Additionally, each morning I check my credit card accounts and banking acounts online with no problems.   I am on Windows XP sp3 and using Firefox ESR 52.8.1      I suspect you have a configuration issue on your machine that is creating this problem!!

Thanks, Dclem.   You may well be right.  On FF, I have NoScript, AdBlock Plus, Cookie Monster and BetterPrivacy, most of which are no longer available on later versions of FF for Win 7+.

But I don't do my banking on XP anyway.

EDIT - On my XP machine in FF, I logged on to Paypal and was able to see all the details of my account fine.  Didn't try to do anything.  So maybe it's all a nothing.  We'll see.

Edited by glnz

1 hour ago, glnz said:

On FF, I have NoScript, AdBlock Plus, Cookie Monster and BetterPrivacy [...]

And you don't ever do banking on XP?
And, then, when I say you're supermegaüberultraparanoid, people say I'm sarcastic or cruel?  :w00t:
I do all my banking on XP, all the time and use none of those. And no virus, trojan or any other kind of malware has ever got into any of my machines since last millenium. In view of all this, I stand corrected: from now on consider yourself promoted to MSFN's one and only resident supermegaüberhyperultraparanoid!  :worship:

22 minutes ago, dencorso said:

I do all my banking on XP, all the time and use none of those. And no virus, trojan or any other kind of malware has ever got into any of my machines since last millenium.

I can't see any difference between doing my banking with XP in 2008 and doing my banking with XP in 2018 except that I'm 10 years older.

Also, I never do any kind of russian roulupdates on my computer, I disabled the securshitty center and I still don't have an anti-virus, except on demand scanning. On that 10 years old laptop, the system starts in 50 seconds and use 140 Mb of memory.

icon_twisted.gif

Edited by hotnuma

I constantly check my bank account using XP, but I also have Avast Premier with its shields, its firewall and I use nordvpn that has a built-in antivirus that can catch and stop threats before they reach my PC. With all these things, I think I'm gonna be fine 'till April 2019 and a bit after that date. Then, who knows... but I think that I'm far more secure than many "ultra-bleeding-edge" W10 machines.

Edited by FranceBB

Just confirming an earlier set of posts (now lost?) that sometimes one should run heinoganda's Cert_Updater twice.  Only once and I had some certificate issues.  Twice seems to do the trick!

Danke Danke.

On 6/8/2018 at 11:43 AM, glnz said:

Got an email from PayPal that I need to update my browser.  On the PayPal website, it says:

I use Firefox everywhere, and, on my XP machine, it's ESR version 52.8.1 (32-bit).  If I use it to go to PayPal's indicated "sandbox site", Firefox gives me the error page for unsafe page.  So my XP's Firefox is unable to read whatever flavor of security PayPal is now using.

Do you think the new MS update for TLS 1.2 will help?  Or is that irrelevant to the issue? 

(And how come a smarty-pants "we know more than you" forum like MSFN lost all its posts between February 6 and yesterday?  Forgot to back up?  Or, in the spirit of XP forever, did someone just print them to a pdf?)

The more I look at this, the more suspicious it sounds. I suppose it's possible, but I don't think PayPal would send an email asking its users to upgrade their browsers. I think it may have been a phishing email.

I hope you didn't click on any links in the email. If you did, I'd recommend you go to paypal.com right away, change your password, and check for any unauthorized transactions.