POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

28 minutes ago, Destro said:

SP4 won't help you, as it contains no updates for office.  I've demonstrated on the forum that the same issue applies to office 2003 with 2007 comparability pack.  This behavior doesn't exist on 2003 vanilla without the compatibility pack.  It is specifically SP3 of the compatibility pack vanilla compatibility pack doesn't cause a issue till u install sp3.  After that manual updates to the compatibility pack are necessary to proceed.  It is easy enough since its only 3-4 updates. 

For 2007 I have no idea I didn't trouble shoot the problem only 2003.  If you want to make a VM and break fix XP with 2007 office to figure out which hotfixes specifically break it we could make a thread about it and I would post the 2003 stuff there.

My windows update with all office patches installed is not 1 hour it is more like 5 minutes.

What you want to do is go to the update catalog and search for Office 2007 and list updates by date.  Install the most recent ones.  Like the cones for specific office 2007 applications and the ones that say suites.  

Obviously you want to manually install SP# of office 1st. lastly if you are not using Microsoft update and just using normal windows update you wont get updates for office.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Destro

I will use your suggestions for Office, but i hope to resolve for XP (POS ready), cause this procedure makes no sense if you do not receive speedly POS security updates!

I avoid SP4, despite working greatly in its funcionality, settings for language pack are instable.

5 hours ago, Destro said:

Obviously you want to manually install SP# of office 1st. lastly if you are not using Microsoft update and just using normal windows update you wont get updates for office.

That's another problem i've already reported: from XP/IE8 i can not see the panel where i can set searching update for other MS programs.

Installing all updates cited in this thread  (obviously XP/Embedded related) resolve the issue and we get every update for POS & Net Framework!

Still waiting for someone that resolve the lack of Office 2007 Updates.

Edited by Vistaboy

From obvious things - didn't you forget to update Windows Update to Microsoft Update first? That's the only thing that comes to my mind.

Oh, and please, try to edit previous posts instead of posting one after another.

For POSReady updates you can install all KB related to Vista updates hang-up and in 5 minutes you'll get every updates for your new embedded XP machine

For Office updates you must have more care of it. The first moment you open Office after installation is very crucial as well explained here (Office 2007 or 2010 doesn't make difference).

The problem is really simple to overcome on Vista/W7/8/10 cause even if you mess the choice panel (at the first open of the Word) you always can revert this choice, switching from don't make changes(=NO Office updates) to find out more(=install office update) just because W7 integrates this choice whenever you want.

Instead if you are on XP environment and you missed the first choice (don't make change) you can forget Office updates.

In this case you can do 2 things:

A) re-installation of Office and be careful this time at the first open ;)

B) install Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2.3, launch it and ensure you have checked the underlined option in the screen below.  After an MBSA completed scan (several minutes are requested the first time) you will be prompted your updates are ready and you will find between others, also Office updates.   

MBSA.jpg

I've tried to group the previous posts but now i don't know how to delete the redundant ones.

Edited by Vistaboy

Yes, the option should be there if you click the "change settings" link on the left hand side, down at the bottom of that settings page.
There's certainly an option there for me to switch back to Windows Update if I want to.

Of course I'm sure you can always go straight to Microsoft Update anyway by using this link -

http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

:dubbio:

Edited by Dave-H
Rewording

So if you changed the setting, what are you now getting if you click the "Windows Update" entry on the "Tools" drop-down on the menu bar of IE8?
Are you getting Windows Update or Microsoft Update?

If I had office 2007 I would figure it out for you, I don't.   I think we provided enough info collectively how to get your computer to run updates.  Like we said you have to manually patch Office 2007.  You have to use the update catalog to do that.  And like other said that It's doesn't matter if you use Windows update or Microsoft update becasue neother one of them will work untill you manually patch office.  And only after you Manually patch it then You can do a Microsoft update.  No one has a list of 2007 updates.  So you are on your own there.  Maybe check WinCert and see if there is a list on that site.  But that still doesn't matter.  If you don't install the updates from this year Thast were released subsequent of wanacry attacks it sill wont work.  I even put a screen shot up showing you.

If you still can't figure that out, Why dont you instal vista/windows 7/ windows 8 or somthing in a VM then install office on that, see if you can fully patch it then make a list and down load them for XP.

Edited by Destro

On 10/11/2017 at 12:31 AM, Dave-H said:

So if you changed the setting, what are you now getting if you click the "Windows Update" entry on the "Tools" drop-down on the menu bar of IE8?
Are you getting Windows Update or Microsoft Update?

Well, if i change setting i get access to a page (as see you can see below) that only let me change 1. Language 2. Show beta products 3. Disable Microsoft Update, nothing compared to W7 "find out more" related to Office.  

image.png

Edited by Vistaboy

As proof of what I am telling you see this thread where I figured out how to fix XP updates on 2003 office installs.  The file names are no longer current as Microsoft has released new versions of those patches.

for office 2003 there is an update order.  Please ignore the file names I posted as those patches are no longer current.

There is an Actual update order.  I know it sounds totally ridiculous but its true.  The problem is not the 2007 compatibility pack.  It is the compatibility pack SP3.

1. Install clean Office with clean SP3.  

2. Run windows update and only install the office 2003 updates or do it manually if u have a list.

3.  install Fileformatconverters.exe "Office 2007 compatibility Pack"

4.  Run windows update and install the updates for just the compatibility pack.

5.  Install Office 2007 compatibility pack SP3.

6. Download kb3127894, kb3203438, kb3191897 ( outdated) Newer patches are available.)

7.  Manually apply the 3 patches in step 6

8.  Windows update works now

Edited by Destro