POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

2 hours ago, Bersaglio said:

support of Office XP has ended in July 2011 and I believe that there were no more updates for Office XP after that date.

Yes. The same applies to Office 2000 and Office 97, both of which I still use (I have two 97 and six 2000 licences, but I'm currently using half of them).

1 hour ago, heinoganda said:

@Dave-H

If there was a problem with KB4039384, there would have been a corresponding comment from my side. Regarding KB4039111, a fader flavor remains due to the enclosed file xpsp2res.dll version 5.1.2600.7239, whether a more current version like the version 5.1.2600.7248 should have appeared here. This will ultimately show the upcoming updates.

:)

I wasn't aware that there was any problem with KB4039384, if anyone mentioned a possible one it wasn't me.
:dubbio:
If there is an earlier version of xpsp2res.dll in KB4039111 it doesn't seem to have overwritten the newer version when it was installed, which is good (presumably).

MS must've pulled out the putative v 5.1.2600.7330 of xpsp2res.dll at the last moment, because they've found it was seriously blorked or, in the hurry which must now be their update creation proccess (because they've already fired too many of their best people), someone just forgot to compile the new file and they've tossed in the latest one they had at hand, instead, and it happened it wasn't the actual latest extant version, but the one preceding it. Incompetence, as y'all know, usually is the true explanation. :yes:

54 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I wasn't aware that there was any problem with KB4039384, if anyone mentioned a possible one it wasn't me.

5 hours ago, Dave-H said:

My USP10.dll is version 1.420.2600.7334, and GDIPLUS.dll is version 5.2.6002.24180.

Because the files USP10.dll and GDIPLUS.dll have been updated by KB4039384!

13 minutes ago, dencorso said:

Incompetence, as y'all know, usually is the true explanation. :yes:

Hopefully not! :D

I still use Office XP (wide compatibility, and the last for Windows  98 and NT 4.0), but I am surprised to see Office 2003 listed as a supported system by Microsoft, since they dropped support for it on the same day as XP.

@sdfox7

Some updates that are still published for Office 2003 Viewer can also be used for Office 2003. Currently USP10 and GDIPLUS.
Ultimately therefore still lacks many updates!

@pcalvert

The .NET Frameworks updates after April 2014 require the POSReady entry for download via AU / WU / MU, for the installation this is not needed!

Edited by heinoganda

On 15.09.2017 at 9:12 AM, heinoganda said:

The .NET Frameworks updates after April 2014 require the POSReady entry for download via AU / WU / MU, for the installation this is not needed!

Except for .NET 1.1, right?

I use this tool to search for updates:

It's not perfect, though. When using it to search the Microsoft Update Catalog, it returns a long list of updates, but does not filter out the ones which are already installed. And when I used it to search for Windows XP updates, I didn't see any .NET Framework updates in the list, so the list is obviously not exhaustive. Even so, it's still very useful.

We are getting almost same vulnerability as of Server2008/Vista since XP sp3 is XP sp2 with lots of vista codes .... It seems it will not be to tough to make patches till after EOL of posready2009 until Server2008 in 2020!! We are all set until 2020