POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

They never existed for me, w2k4eva.  The best I can come up with for an informational link is this:

https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=8a952d9b-eb56-45f6-880a-f98f289386e0

The update can still be downloaded from the Microsoft Update Catalog and the Windows Update website.

Edited by 5eraph

On 23/12/2016 at 4:42 PM, Dclem said:

It's not necessary to enter an IP address.   I opened the program and clicked "scan" and it went right work.   Took about 3-4 minutes downloading data and scanning.   Results of the scan were posted for review after that.

When finished, review the findings which, in my case included POS ready updates as well.

This is what I get: "OPF-ITALIA\*error* (Unknown IP) Could not resolve the computer name: *error*. Please specify computer name, domain\computer, or an IP address."

p.s if you are looking at my bar at the bottom, wondering whether it's Lady Gaga or not, well, it's not, it's Lady Antebellum - Just a Kiss, 'cause I'm listening to the radio online xD

untitled.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, greenhillmaniac said:

Wow, according to Microsoft's Server 2012's Update History page: "There are no security fixes or quality improvements for release on January 10, 2017. As such, there is no Security-only update nor Monthly Rollup release for this month."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22811/windows-server-2012-update-history

I saw the same thing on the 8.1's Update History page...

31 minutes ago, Mathwiz said:

Hmm ... 2nd Tuesday of January and no updates?

To be fair, I see no updates for Win 7 either (although Intel has a couple for my hardware)

2 hours ago, greenhillmaniac said:

Guess @NoelC was right, you can't improve on perfection :D

'Nuff said! :yes:

Well that must be a first!
I guess probably nothing for us at all this month then, unless there are Office 2007 Compatibility Pack updates for those of us who have it.
Also, I would have thought that later versions of Windows would still get the Malicious Software Removal Tool this month.
I'd be very surprised if that was skipped.
Flash will probably be updated on 8/8.1 and 10 as well.
:)

Wow.....after checking for updates I was given the big "NO CRITICAL UPDATES AVAILABLE".   I rushed right over here to see what was happening and see I'm "good"!!    I did check the catalog update page at Microsoft for POS ready before running my windows update and there were no updates showing there.   I just assumed they hadn't been posted yet.   There is also an update for Adobe Reader XI which I installed on my Windows XP system.   I've never had any problems installing or using it, so I keep updating as they become available.   Also got the flash updates so I guess I'm "up to date"!!!

Just for interest, there was as I thought the usual Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, and a Flash update for 8.1 and 10 this month.
There was also the now usual all-in-one cumulative security roll-up for Windows 7 and 10, but strangely there wasn't one for Windows 8.1!
Incidentally, I'm assuming that the updates for the Office 2007 Compatibility Pack will probably end this year, if they haven't already. I think 10 years after release is the nominal maximum length of support?
:unsure:

13 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Incidentally, I'm assuming that the updates for the Office 2007 Compatibility Pack will probably end this year, if they haven't already. I think 10 years after release is the nominal maximum length of support?

Dave-H I have Word 2000 installed on my XP SP3 machine and continually get office updates.   Windows Update installed the compatability pak and I get all the office updates.   No other Microsoft Office products are installed!!    Is this not strange?

I have Office XP installed, which is Office 2002, so you have an even older version of Word than me!
I think if you have any Office programs installed, even standalone ones, you will be offered the Compatibility Pack.
Without it, it would be impossible to work with documents generated in later versions of Word.
:)