POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

Everything installed fine.

@glnz there's nothing to worry about installing POS updates anymore, even 'cause we didn't have any issues so far, excluding long time ago when an update screwed up the fonts...

Edited by FranceBB

All OK here too, although both of my XP installations seemed to take much longer than usual to do the custom updates scan on Microsoft Update.
Was that the same for everyone?
It is good that the installation process is now very much quicker without the Malicious Software Removal Tool!
:)

Installed the seven and (manually) the two .NET updates listed above.  However, now, Microsoft Update is prompting me to install
"Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2756918)" as an Important update.

Is that one OK, or is this a glitch?  Thanks.

I installed both .NET updates successfully, the one for .NET 4.0 took an extremely long time to install, in fact it sat there for nearly ten minutes after apparently successfully verifying its files, before it continued and installed.
I was then prompted to install KB2756918 too for .NET 3.0, which as stated is an old XP update from several years ago.
I ran my file checker, and the new updates had replaced many files with newer versions.
Just as a test I installed KB2756918 and ran the file checker again.
Apparently no files had been replaced.
Unfortunately, KB2756918 seems to be one of those annoying updates that you can install apparently successfully over and over until you're blue in the face, but the system will always then still tell you that you need to install it!
I've now hidden it as @dencorso suggested.
I guess the updated files from the new .NET 3.0 update may not be being seen as the latest files by the system, perhaps because KB2756918 is an XP update, not a WEPOS update, so it thinks it needs to be installed.
:unsure:

Yes. Just as it used to prompt one to install older Roots definitions after using any rootupd or rvkroots newer than the ones it considered the last ones, remember? I think it doesn't do it anymore, but anyway heinoganda's roots updater has obviated the need to worry about that, nowadays :thumbup