POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

I had 12 updates.  A few failed.  I think they were Office related.  And a few looped, but eventually that stopped.  Overall no significant issues.  Worth noting is I run Bitdefender.  After my last update on a lark I ran a Malwarebytes and a SuperAntivirus scan and both found a few minor PUPs.  I really don't surf at all on that machine so either they got their on their own or they've been sitting there a long time.  You guys may want to try a few extra scans on your machines to be sure they're staying as clean as they should be.

I'm still running HMuellers original registry hacks.  Do I need to update anything as we go forward?

Thanks!

I updated my parents’ machine this evening and it, too, looped the .net framework update.  In these instances, after I use Add / Remove Windows components to remove and put back .net framework 4, a subsequent check shows that that component nonetheless remains unchecked in Add / Remove Windows components.  Additionally, all .net framework 4 updates are gone from Add / Remove Programs.

However, I believe .net framework 4 is actually still installed on the machines per Microsoft’s surest check method, so I have a bit of a mystery here.  One of these machines is an offline machine with no anti-virus or anti-malware installed; I don’t think these protection softwares have anything to do with it.

At least seven other machines have updated just fine.

1 hour ago, glnz said:

All done, but again Avast AV Free interfered.  I had to suspend it to finish these three:

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for WEPOS and POSReady 2009 (KB3148198)

Windows XP Embedded Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 for WEPOS and POSReady 2009 (KB3135993)

Windows XP Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - April 2016 (KB890830)

Hope a bad guy didn't sneak in while the door was open.

We already know that (avast developers and beta tester). It depends on a few settings as well like the hardened mode etc. Anyway, it's better to deactivate the Filesystem scan and the Internet scan while installing updates. The very first one might prevent you from saving them and the other one might stop the connection in order to prevent you from downloading updates. Don't open a topic in avast's forum, just send a report using the chat button (top, right). 

Thank you! :)

P.s you are invited to join our beta testing, since the more we are, the better it is. I have been involved in the development of avast 2016 since the very beginning and I would like to see the team confirmed again for the next year. If everything goes fine, we will start working at the new avast this summer to get a stable preview build up and running in October, but it all depends on the amount of users running avast on XP. As to everyone else, please note that if avast won't be confirmed for XP the next year, it doesn't mean that machines won't be protected, but just that some new features won't be included/added. 

Edited by FranceBB

• 4 weeks later...

Another .NET Framwework 4 security update today!:)

http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2016/03/NDP40-KB3142029-X86_78EC90FDF9239C367F154A347CF026A1C27F3E9A.exe

11 minutes ago, Bersaglio said:

Another .NET Framwework 4 security update today!:)

http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2016/03/NDP40-KB3142029-X86_78EC90FDF9239C367F154A347CF026A1C27F3E9A.exe

Also offered by Windows Update:

capture_001_10052016_200349.jpg

So world-wide tech people and pen-pals - How are these 8 or more updates?  (I have 10 because two are for Office.)  Everyone happy?  It's Spring in NY and maybe Fall in Brazil, but is XP still the same (and healthy) everywhere?

Are we all still dancing?

I am happy I still can walk a little.

Serisouly, What is .net.framework good for?

I only have v2.0, v2.0 Sp2,  and v3.0 Sp2

"KB3142029 does ot apply, or is blocked by another condtition on your computer."

"The .NET Framework is Microsoft's comprehensive and consistent programming model for building applications that have visually stunning user experiences, ."

On 4/14/2016 at 10:09 PM, dencorso said:

The updates I was offered are shown in the screenshot below. All installed OK.

20160412_MS_UPDs.png

How do i get microsoft update to show these in the browser...it always says there are no updates...

@roffen... I'll send you the link of the AIO version; it will install the latest version of each .NET framework supported by XP, so you won't have to bother about .NET anymore.

All this month's updates seem to have installed fine here.
:thumbup
Does anyone know whether the new KB3142029 update for .NET 4 replaces any previous updates, as some in the past have done?
If it does I can ditch the installers from the outdated updates.
:)

Hello Dave-H,

Have just my lists updated by the updates for the .NET Framework, yes KB2972106 is replaced by KB3142029.

@glnz

Although I'm not just because of the updates on "Dancing", but the rocks here more so. Link

:)

Edited by heinoganda