POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

@MrMaguire

no, POSReady is built on 32Bit WindowsXP, not 2003.

I meant they're mostly the same in the sense that they mostly fix the same reported bug, or implement the same security fix on both OSes. Of course the updates for Windows Server 2003 for example cannot be installed onto 32bit Windows XP.

Thanks for this registry hack. My XP partition is now good 'till 2019 as far as updates are concerned. And thanks for the heads up on those two broken updates, i unchecked those.

No other odd behavior on my machines with the other updates in place, and yeah, if the shield is a nag then it might be time to hide KB3013455 in your update settings.

Thanks for the help. The yellow shield kept staying there, but I finally figured out how hide the miscreant update KB3013455, and the shield went away..

Edited by nathanson1947

dencorso - for what it's worth, I installed KB2926765 on my XP Pro SP3 (32-bit) a few months ago when I started using the POS hack. No bad effects.

But I have only Office 2003 with the 2007 compatibility pack. (I'm REALLY behind the times.)

Outbreaker - very interesting, and I have two questions for this esteemed group:

I did NOT install the recent KB3013455 on my Win XP Pro SP3 32-bit Dell Optiplex 755.

Right now, that machine has win32k.sys version 5.1.2600.6648 in both C:\WINDOWS\system32 and C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache. In both cases, its Date Modified is 10/6/2014.

However, there is a win32k.sys version 5.1.2600.6712 in C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\b801db22d4bc2b24f8383b87c3ddecaf\sp3qfe, and its Date Modified is 1/9/2015.

I wonder why that later downloaded version did not actually install into my machine.  Any ideas, anyone?

Also, Outbreaker's latest find apparently contains a Win32k.sys version 5.2.3790.5534 dated 04-Feb-2015 for x86-based versions of Windows Server 2003.

If anyone somehow inserts that into his XP machine, please post back here with your results !!!

Especially if it makes your PC grow hair.

Edited by glnz

Check the version of the "win32k.sys" file in the folder "C:\WINDOWS\system32".

And in my option they didn't do a NT5.1 patch is to p*** off the people that are still using Windows XP. It's not the first update mess they didn't fix for NT5.1.  :angrym:

Edited by Outbreaker