POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

No other odd behavior on my machines with the other updates in place, and yeah, if the shield is a nag then it might be time to hide KB3013455 in your update settings.

That's what I've done!

Strange because I didn't think that the system allowed you to hide "critical" updates.

No other problems so far (touch wood!)

:)

Edited by Dave-H

Let’s hope this one is handled better.  It’s concerning that they apparently knew about the font distortion before they released KB3013455, as it may imply there is no easy fix.  Unfortunately, the text quality under patch is unacceptable, so we’re living with a vulnerability that is now divulged.

bluebolt - agreed, and look at that article http://www.zdnet.com/article/february-2015-patch-tuesday/?tag=nl.e589&s_cid=e589&ttag=e589&ftag=TREc64629f for a discussion of a security issue in Server 2003 that MS is NOT fixing. 

Does our POS hack normally get those Server 2003 updates, and does XP need them for security?

Anyway, without KB3013455, the other updates from this past week are playing nice on my XP.  Thanks to all who commented here,  I still haven't found any other thread that deals intelligently with the POS hack.

The POSReady 2009 updates are - from what I can gather - mostly the same as Windows Server 2003's. I think the Windows updates mostly fix the exact same problem in every version of Windows that is supported, providing also that the OS is affected by the given problem.

Edited by MrMaguire