Your Windows 7 PC is more likely to have malware than your XP one

If you bought your Windows 7 PC in a big-box store, instead of building it yourself, I'd almost guarantee that it has Malware on it, starting with whatever lame AV software was installed and then there's the Wild Tangent Games (known spyware).

Takes me about an hour, to totally DE-Bug a new PC these days.  It's a crime!

:cool:

If you bought your Windows 7 PC in a big-box store, instead of building it yourself, I'd almost guarantee that it has Malware on it, starting with whatever lame AV software was installed and then there's the Wild Tangent Games (known spyware).

Takes me about an hour, to totally DE-Bug a new PC these days.  It's a crime!

:cool:

I never like to buy new OEM machines, I prefer to install Windows myself. Wild Tangent does drive me nuts, especially since it wants you to buy their games if I remember correctly. Norton AV is just pure crap in my opinion, you'd be better off with no virus protection than it. I had a Toshiba laptop I was working on for a client and it was so slow and bogged down. I took most of the crap off and it started running a bit better.

Talking about XP though, I went to our local computer store and picked up some free XP machines that people wanted to get rid of because they were scared of XP now since it's no longer supported and even he said that it's no worse off now than it was when it was close to new, which I somewhat agree with. As for Windows 7, I have to go out on a limb and say that I think people praise it way more than it deserves. There's nothing wrong with XP as long as you treat it good and you're always better off slipstreaming all your updates and service packs so they're installed when you install XP rather than doing them as separate updates. Heck, I've been using Windows 2000 and I scan my machine regularly with Malwarebytes and very seldom do I find a piece of malware that doesn't belong on the system (something that's not a false positive). Windows 7 most likely has a huge market share now so that's where the attacks are going to be directed at, but then that's just how I feel.