I think I know what has been the cause.It was updating,and at one update it stopped completely:which is death for Windows.There was no way out,and waiting wouldn't help,as I already did for a few days.Maybe I need an Emergency Floppy,or XP CD?

No. :no:

Meaning that only a firmware update (of the disk firmware or of the BIOS) may cause a disk drive to be not recognized anymore by the  BIOS at boot time.

There was no way out,and waiting wouldn't help,as I already did for a few days.

Yep, waiting is a good strategy for some things and not a good one for some other.

As an example, waiting when we are talking of whisky or wine might get a better result, with milk, not much so. ;)

Maybe I need an Emergency Floppy,or XP CD?

Maybe (provided that you want some assistance) you need to post the informations that were asked to you and the results of the tests that were suggested earlier. :whistle:

Then, based on the result of these tests, maybe you will need some diagnostic software (at the scope - if possible - to diagnose the disk or the PC or both), and, if the PC is OK, you might need an install disk to reinstall the OS to a new disk drive (which you will also need).

jaclaz

Thanks,I removed the hard drive from the machine,and I ordered an SCSI wire to plug into a working computer.Today apparently the continuous beeping stopped.It's quite weird.

I should be able to connect the hard drive to a seperate computer(as external)and get my files out.Just I don't want to damage everything else,as I probably will knock everything out while getting the drive out. :whistle:

Is it like Groundhog Day ?