Help Creating Win7 Aio With Integrated Updates

Hi there, I've been trying to make a Windows 7 AIO install disc with integrated updates for the past 3 days. I managed to merge all the editions into one ISO that worked successfully, but then decided it would be a good idea to integrate all the updates thats been released too so I picked up RT Se7en Lite which may I add is really buggy but it does just about work, and figured after using it that it only integrates stuff for one edition   :realmad:

Is there a way to do just two ISOs the 64bit and 32bit and then integrate them (and all the editions ie Starter, Home Premium etc...) together into one ISO?

I use a lot of Vms for testing things on different editions and need to install about a 1GB of windows updates every time which is far too long and uses a lot of bandwidth.

Cheers

Edited by napster100

These seem to be for XP :(

Creating a AIO ISO is simple, its just trying to keep it as AIO with updates thats the hard bit. Do you know of a way I can integrate updates without touching the .wim (assuming the wim file is where all the editions details are kept)?

I got the official x86Win7.iso and official x64Win7.iso extracted them and used a tool called Windows 7 AIO maker, it asked me to pick out the two wims and got the editions info from them and merged it into one wim and all the source folder files were copied and created an ISO out of it which I'm pleased to say works. I then used RT Se7en Lite to put updates and hotfixes in which dismantled the AIO feature so now I only have one edition of windows 7 (ultimate was the one I picked) and when I tried it out in VM was when I found out it had definitely dismantled the AIO feature so I went back to the Windows 7 AIO maker, selected the wim files and it only pulled out one edition for both architectures where as before putting it into 7lite the wim had all of the editions.

Or is there a way I can edit the wim to put all the other editions back?

Edited by napster100

Try Win Toolkit which can update all of the editions inside the .WIM, if that is what you want to do.  Remember that there are some updates that cannot be integrated offline and must only be applied after the OS has been installed.

Cheers and Regards

Try Win Toolkit which can update all of the editions inside the .WIM, if that is what you want to do.  Remember that there are some updates that cannot be integrated offline and must only be applied after the OS has been installed.

Cheers and Regards

Yes, I found that last night while Googling around... It does look very promising, so far I've made two ISOs one as just AIO (which works fine) and the second one I integrated a whole load of updates, however I'm trying to install this into VM but it's asking for DVD drivers after I accept the EULA which it didn't do with the first ISO I made. I don't have a physical DVD drive in this laptop as it broke, but I've mounted the ISO as a drive to that VM. I don't know if you could give me a hand here? Maybe a bad ISO, I could write it and verify after too I guess which could help?

If your also wanting to add USB 3.0 support then don't forget about intergrating them to your boot.wim as well.

I'm not expecting to use USB 3.0, but then again I might so thats not a bad idea. I didn't think about this one, cheers!

Edited by napster100

I think I may have figured it out, I think it's because I didn't un-mount the wim and use the first AIO ISO. After extracting the first ISO I made, I integrated the updates, then made an ISO out of that, mounted it in VM and theres been nothing about drivers so far, it's installing as I type :) Although I think I forgot to add in the x86 drivers :( So I may need to extract the ISO again and add them in. I'll let you know if I get success, and thanks for your help and contributions.

• 2 weeks later...

No updates were found after installing it.... Oh my, looks like this could take a while.

Instead of integrating into the image file why don't you just add a post install for the updates at the end of your installation before going to the desktop and also you could add more updates as needed instead of redoing you image file again and again..DP