Want to Downgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows Vista

Bakuchris

ATI Radeon HD 4200, for some reason the Microsoft driver worked better from 2009, I got it from Windows Update, but recently installed the updated driver and so farno blue screens, though It did happen once.

Before uninstalling Vista, check out this tutorial on the AMD forum for tweaking new drivers to work on Vista. Hopefully it'll work for you. Let us know.

--JorgeA

Ok I tried the Tutorial, so far it looks like it's working well, as I went under the event viewer. I'm not seeing any errors so far. which is good. thanks for the tutorial, this will be useful if I ever need to install Windows Vista again.

Edited by Bakuchris

Just to tell you I went back to Windows 8.1, it was fun while I could use Windows Vista, it will always be my favorite operating system. I've customized by Windows 8 System to look like Windows Vista in the mean time.

Edited by Bakuchris

well, I tried another theme, though it still works and looks good. I'm sure the one you found was also good. I can post a desktop screenshot if you want MagicAndre1981, I tried changing alot of things even adding the real sidebar from a Vista Installation (though it was a download from Server 2008 RC2 someone posted online.) still Windows 8 is pretty fast to startup and shutdown, which is surprising at times.