XoloX

P2P file sharing is here to stay, and XoloX does it in style !

Installation is easy and there is no form to fill out, no user name to register, just a basic, functional, and clean interface with three sections -- search, transfer, and files. You can search for any kind of file immediately after installing and specify if you want audio, video, image, program, document, or "any type."

Supposedly, it's the first Gnutella client to allow downloading from different sources like Morpheus, KaZaA, and Grokster. :) It doesn't have any spyware attached either. :D

All search results automatically update as users log on and off so you don't have to keep refreshing to get the most current selection. Each search remains at the top of your screen like a file tab so you can click back to it at any time while you conduct other searches. Very supportive.

The more you get to know XoloX, the smarter it gets. It auto-resumes downloads if you or the person with the file logs off and on again. If the same download is available from several sources, XoloX will take a bit from each so as not to drain one person's bandwidth. Brilliant. Many of the files we selected downloaded in record time. I got many results whenever I searched for a song and got gr8 speeds while downloading.

Although it sucks up lotta RAM, its easy to use. For the most part, you get in, you get your file, and you get out -- sans drama. Unlike other popular Napster alternatives, there are no chat or instant messaging features, no hot lists, no music recommendations, and no built-in player. In return, you never have to ask, "What is XoloX doing/thinking?" There is no mystery. It has one task and it does it well -- working to download your requested files. Mature file sharing has arrived.

Enough said, you can download it from here. :rolleyes:

didn't the guys who made XoLoX shut down their file sharing program last year?

Cuz i remember, i was using it, and then they sent a message to everyone that they are shutting down because they were scared of the legal action taken against KaZaA

anyone remember?

didn't the guys who made XoLoX shut down their file sharing program last year?

Cuz i remember, i was using it, and then they sent a message to everyone that they are shutting down because they were scared of the legal action taken against KaZaA

anyone remember?

yup, they were shut down earlier due to legal threats from other P2P file sharing programs. But they are back now again as mentioned in their site...

The rumor is true, XoloX is back
But as expected, LimeWire is again gonna take action against them :)

as quoted from a statement by LimeWire...

"XoloX is the bain of the Gnutella world. It spams the network with repeated searches and if the popularity of this client grows, the network will totally shut down until XoloX messages can be filtered."

:rolleyes: