Total lunar eclipse

Flasche

Another good link ... thanks dencorso ... I've seen several total eclipses of the Moon and they really do look 'blood red" ... the term I remember from years ago was "copper-red" ... but as you said, they are beautiful. Maybe this one will be more red than usual, I don't know.

Copy/ pasted from spaceweather.com

TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE: Mark your calendar. On April 15th, there will be a total eclipse of the Moon visible from Australia, New Zealand, and all of the Americas. The action begins on Tuesday at 2 AM Eastern time. Get the full story and a video from Science@NASA.

Well, Tripredacus was talking about one he remembered seeing in the '90s... that's why I said "another".

In fact, there was one total in Aug 17, 1989 and another, also total, in Dec 9, 1992, plus two more, on Apr 4 and Sep 27, 1996, all of them visible from the US!

Well, Tripredacus was talking about one he remembered seeing in the '90s... that's why I said "another".

In fact, there was one total in Aug 17, 1989 and another, also total, in Dec 9, 1992, plus two more, on Apr 4 and Sep 27, 1996, all of them visible from the US!

Ok for some reason I thought you meant there was one yesterday :blushing: